Drifting schools in or near new england

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting schools in or near new england

whats up people i live in RI and its completely dead around here as far as drifting events. im some what new to drifting, ive pushed my mustang about as far i want on the street and im ready to step up to the next level by drifting on a track. im still tryin to choose either a s14 with a sr or a fc rx7 for my drift car on the track. but my problem is there are no tracks around here. the only track we have is lime rock and that is where the skip barber driving school is but they charge around 1,000 to 4,000 a class.

so if u know of any schools that are within driving distance from me let me know.

Club Loose

look them up

they are done for 08, but I'm sure they will be back for 09

IMO you don't need anyone to teach you how to drift, just get a decent setup car and go learn on your own with some cool people.

Comment

How do you even teach someone how to drift? It's not like racing where they teach you the lines and accel/braking points, you just have to do it. I couldn't even really tell you how I do it with a couple exceptions on corner entry. I can say one thing though, lay off the handbrake. I can see using it when tandem drifting but I've never used it. Well, not since my days of e-braking fwd cars lol

Comment

i kno drifting is like just like anything u learn most by just doin it but cops dont think its that great and im not tryin to deal with them so im just tryin to find a school or track so i can really push my limits. by the way my ebrake dosent work so i clutch kick and power over.

Comment

like i said

clubloose in nj

get some springs, a lsd and just show up and drive your heart out

Comment

check out:

d-faction.com (MA SITE) (more active)
            NEdrift.com (new england site)

tell em both kaspar sent ya!!!

Comment

I took my friends truck out for a spin tonight in the snow with all-seasons up front and snows in the back. It under-steered heavily and I was very tempted to mash the e-brake but don't do it, mash the throttle and give the wheel a bit more input. It's much more rewarding when you just miss a lamp post under full-throttle at full lock than knowing you had to resort to the cheat handle.

E-brake is the enemy.

Comment

Working...
              X