drift instruction in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drift instruction in Michigan

The lack of drift schools and events in Michigan, its a bit disheartning to think I have to travel all the way to Cali just to go to a school.

I feel your pain, but Michigan isn't so "drift" freindly, people in Michigan are more so into the show-off cars and the drag racing. But I still think that more events should be held in Michigan, home to the big 3 and motorcity, we should get a little bit of automotive sport diversity to the state.

Comment

it really is a shame, I wish I could organize an event but I wouldnt even know where to start. Does anyone know where I could get any information on organizing an event?

Comment

To organize an event is a huge task, it will involve, time, money, puplicity, organizations, resources, supplies, and MORE MONEY. Plus it is very stressful and if not many come to it, than its a fail and you have wasted effort, time, money. Risky plan but its fun if it does suceed. But I don't that people in Michigan are really dealing with street rods right now as more to how to pay the bills.

Comment

1) find a track, or lot that you think would be suitable to drift at.
          2) contact owner, see what they think of the idea, what they need from you do put on the event.
          3) do what they need, post up info for event and enjoy.

the track owners know what needs to be done, parking lots are harder cause typically you will need k-rails somewhere and gotta make a course.... but lots are safer usually to learn on. Its not hard to put on practice events, finding a location willing to hold it will be the hardest part IMO

Comment

Boxmods its not that simple, you can't just call the owner, you have to have a good understanding, and experience before an owner will let you hold an event on somthing the owner is responsible for, espeacially in Michigan.

Comment

As long as the Big-3 continue to make all of their cars fwd even though their NASCAR counterparts are rwd, Michigan will never be a home to drifting or any form of grassroots motorsports. The Big-3 are a joke.

Comment

What are you talking about, GM has made great cars, like the Corvette and Camaro. All their cars are not FWD, Ford has the killer Mustang and Cobra. Chrysler has the Challenger, and the 300C, a luxury masterpeice.
                Think twice before you say that about the big 3 Cavi Mike.

Comment

assay

roman shades

Comment

Download free books

Free books on programming
                    http://goo.gl/UI9m6

Comment

I'm a Michigan resident and I would love to learn how to drift, I would also like to see some events here, the problem is, no one really drives RWD's here. I mean I've seen a few, but not enough for a good drift here in the state.

Comment

About the only thing going in MI is stuff put on by the Motor City Mayhem Tour. Check it out @ http://www.mcmtour.com/home.html. Nothing up for 2012 as of yet, but they did put on five events in 2011 at very different sites.Very beginer friendly. They aren't schools per se, but like most events, just ask and anyone will be willing to help you out. I hit three of them and had a blast.
                        Last edited by killer406; 12-29-2011, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X