Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFW area, North Texas

Hey TX Boys, what's up?

I feel like a jackass for missing the DriftTexas event, I was really looking forward to at least being there, but hey, stuff happens, and I missed it. Anyway, it's almost two months until the NEXT DriftTexas event, and I was wondering what everyone was planning on doing until then.

I know vaguely about the bigger events going on in Houston and so on, but I mean more like little meets.

As for the North Texas crew, I know you guys met up in Dallas not too long ago, and I was wondering when the next meet was, or if there was going to be one.

I think it'd be great if we could get a group together, get organized and so on, I'm sure it would help everyone's driving on the whole. But I ramble...

I just want to know what's going on, I'm about to get into a drifter, so I guess I'm just getting excited. Keep me posted!

- Nathan

P.S. - 1986 AE86 Coupe! tee hee! WHOO!

P.S.S. - Hey, hachiroku-fc3s, you hear that AJ wrecked his S14!? Some kind of rainy-day drifting mishap! Crazy!

Hello Nathan,
    The event turned out great, little rain in the morning but around 11 pm skies cleared and turned out to be a beautiful day. I am in Ft.Worth myself, maybe we could meet up somewhere and check out each others ride. AJ did wreck his car and he is looking for another 240, 97-98. Check your PM.

Brandon.

Comment

I was glad it rained...saved some tires early on, and almost like running two different tracks...wet/dry...

Comment

You guys should come down to Houston for Drift Showoff and Grind101/ Drift Day.

The events will be:

Drift Showoff - 4/10/04
        Grind101/ Drift Day - 4/11/04

Comment

hey brandon

are you gonna be workin thursday night?
          im off so i might primer my hood maybe ill come in

Comment

Originally posted by banged240_drift
            hey brandon

are you gonna be workin thursday night?
            im off so i might primer my hood maybe ill come in
            Hey Bud,
            Thats my off day too, i wont be there but give me a call there.

Comment

Drift Showoff, ooh, and a Drift Clinic! tee hee! And it's my birthday weekend!

I'm there.

Letsee... Eight-Six should be mine by the end of the week...

I've got one month to:
              - get the engine running smoothly, probably doing something to the ignition system
              - see what's up with the LSD and fix that
              - do something with those tires and brakes
              - god willing, do SOMETHING to the suspension
              - paint the sonbitch (primer-gray and rust spots... not cool)
              - find 'Trueno' mudflaps (they add like 60hp you know.. )
              - Watch 'Drift Bible' about 600 times
              - Hit the Lake Worth touge after every viewing

Oh yeah, and Brandon, I'd love to compare rides, but given the fact that I do not actually HAVE the AE86 as of this exact moment, and given the above list of 'need-to-dos', I'm going to keep the lil' guy in hiding for awhile. Or, at least until I get it painted.

Performance Parts are expensive as hell!
              But Effort is FREE!

- Nathan

Comment

::

well for those of you that have NOT heard yet.. NASA is throwing another drift session THIS WEEKEND SAT. MARCH 6!! a bit smaller session but on a much larger scale- literally! The session this weekend entails drifting at *drum roll* TEXAS MOTORSPORT RANCH FOR ONLY $25.00 (USD)!! Drifters will be able to get out there on the course during the road race's education classes lunch break..

description:: The track is a 1.7 mile, 11 turn road course but I'm pretty sure they will break down certain sections of the track in order to make it shorter to drift on~ Though still, it will be highspeed dorifto mania!! so get prepped and see you out there... ITS ON!! peace...

Comment

Awesome! Wait!- I won't make it out there- ack!
                  a.) work...
                  b.) no dorifto caro... shito

Anyway, took the liberty of posting a really simple outline of stuff that's available to us Texas drivers in the not-too-distant future.

APRIL:

10-11th
                  - DRIFT SHOWOFF!
                  $15 (Admission)
                  $100 (Drift Clinic)
                  $150 (Drift Clinic & Grind101)
                  $50 (Car Showoff)
                  (Houston, TX)

25th
                  - Texas Drift
                  $50
                  (Bedford, TX)

MAY:

7-9th
                  - Evolution Autocross School (okay, well, I'm interested in it)
                  $200 (per phase, approximately)
                  (Mineral Wells, TX)

16th
                  - Texas Drift
                  $50
                  (Bedford, TX)

JUNE:

12th
                  - FORMULA DRIFT!!
                  $???
                  (Houston, TX)

20th
                  - Texas Drift
                  $50
                  (Bedford, TX)

JULY:

3-4th
                  - SCCA Grand Touring (anyone a member of the SCCA?)
                  ???
                  (College Station, TX)

18th
                  - Texas Drift
                  $50
                  (Bedford, TX)

If anyone has any info on Formula D, or any other events or knows a thing or two about SCCA Solo II or Grand Touring events, post up. Let's organize North Texas, we're not just Drifters, we're not just Road Racers (well, I'm neither), we're the Representatives from Texas (which I hear is the best known U.S. state overseas), and I'd love to see a Texas boy out there against the Japanese pros one day.

Oh yeah, and you know how Southern California gets to be all cool and be 'SoCal' and Northern Virginia gets to be 'NoVa' and blah blah... well we're North Texas, what the hell are we? 'NoTex', 'NorTex'? Nothing!? Nevermind.

- Nathan

Comment

Good lookin out. No dorifto carro? Soon enuf then. Not AJ......man....naw I hadnt heard, I havent talked to AJ since he left this board. So whats he drivin? 97-98? So hes goin kouki on us eh? Shouts out to the NoTe (no-tay). Yeah, never mind.

Comment

Dorifto Carro shouldo me mineo pretty soono. Like end of the week even. But it's still got some work that's going to needo to be done-o... yeah. After that, shoot, I'll be ready to do a little running around. Probably not competition, but a little here and there.

Speaking of which, anyone know of any decent touge spots in the area? I know we really can't talk about it on the boards, but if someone wants to PM me, that'd be great. I know of one, so I could send that to someone if they want.

- Nathan

Comment

so tell me more about the tx motor ranch event?

ive wanted to go out there and see if they have track days...do they? and will the let you drift?

Comment

::

www.texasdrift.com will have more info on their website tomorrow (March 4, as I've been told) regarding the drift session this sat. March 6 at Motorsport Ranch... check there for updates.

Comment

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* u guys have such a nice event down there?.......how many people usually show up?.......i wish to drive down to join as well....im from kansas

Comment

BWAGH!!!!

I've been bamboozled! I was supposed to be buying a 86' AE86 Coupe from this guy off the Club4ag boards and we've been talking it over and over and I've seen him and the car a few times, and finally I had the cash and everything and I was prepared, for this Friday, to pick up a primer colored, 5spd, non-running (needs battery) Eight-Six for a modest $600.
                              However... 'Pho95' felt that the car was too rare to sell anymore, and pulled the sale away at the last second... So now I'm stuck, no car, no prospects for other cars, and a pocket full of cash. I ask of you, my Texas drifter allies, if you know of an Eight-Six that's not ridiculously overpriced, please pass on the information. I'm pretty pissed... because I was SO looking forward to that dam car.

Thanks,
                              - Nathan

Comment

Working...
                              X