Thunderhill Fulltrack Drift/Grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderhill Fulltrack Drift/Grip

Tuesday August 11th, ThunderDrift will be holding a very special fulltrack drift event at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, CA.

This event is very special in number of ways. We're doing a hawaiian-shirt day, so everyone bring out your crazy hawaiian shirts! Also, there have been numerous requests for a special AE86-only fulltrack event at thunderhill, so I'm offering a special discount to AE86 owners to see how many will come out. If it's successful, we'll do an ALL-hachi event in 2010.

This event will also be a brilliant opportunity for those of you who are drifting in, and spectating at Formula D at Evergreen to hit an awesome drift event on your way home. Thunderhill Raceway is conviniently located to the entire west coast! 10hrs south of evergreen, 10hrs west of Miller Motorsports park, and 10hrs north of Spring Valley and WSIR.

As at all TD fulltrack events, a grip session will be provided for those who are interested in gripping a world-class road course. Be sure you choose the grip option when completing the online-registration form.

Car/Driver Requirements:

- No leaks of any kind

- Battery tiedown must be stock or better. (No duct-tape/zipties/or other janky crap)

- Interior Safety Gear/Roll Protection must be stock or better.

*** If you have a convertible, please call for more info. You will be subject to further safety requirements.

- Helmets must be SA2000, M2000 or newer.

- Closed Toe Shoes, No sleeveless shirts.

***ALL ASPECTS OF TECH (INCLUDING THOSE NOT MENTIONED) ARE SUBJECT TO THE APPROVAL OF THE EVENT CHAIRMAN.***

Entry Fee is:

$200 per driver

$180 per driver w/hawaiian shirt

$160 per AE86 driver w/hawaiian shirt

Thunderhill's 15-turn 3-mile road course features oncamber and offcamber banked turns, lots of elevation changes, and arguably the best 5-turn linkable section in the western US. Come enjoy drifting of epic proportions combined with some great hawaiian festivities.
    Last edited by conepirate; 07-04-2009, 05:44 PM.

TD just joined Twitter.com!

if you're on there, follow us!

http://www.twitter.com/thunderdrift

Comment

Originally posted by conepirate View Post

Monday August 10th, ThunderDrift will be holding a very special fulltrack drift event at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, CA.

This event is very special in number of ways. We're doing a hawaiian-shirt day, so everyone bring out your crazy hawaiian shirts! Also, there have been numerous requests for a special AE86-only fulltrack event at thunderhill, so I'm offering a special discount to AE86 owners to see how many will come out. If it's successful, we'll do an ALL-hachi event in 2010.

This event will also be a brilliant opportunity for those of you who are drifting in, and spectating at Formula D at Evergreen to hit an awesome drift event on your way home. Thunderhill Raceway is conviniently located to the entire west coast! 10hrs south of evergreen, 10hrs west of Miller Motorsports park, and 10hrs north of Spring Valley and WSIR.

As at all TD fulltrack events, a grip session will be provided for those who are interested in gripping a world-class road course. Be sure you choose the grip option when completing the online-registration form.

Car/Driver Requirements:

- No leaks of any kind

- Battery tiedown must be stock or better. (No duct-tape/zipties/or other janky crap)

- Interior Safety Gear/Roll Protection must be stock or better.

- Helmets must be SA2000, M2000 or newer.

- Closed Toe Shoes, No sleeveless shirts.

Entry Fee is:

$200 per driver

$180 per driver w/hawaiian shirt

$160 per AE86 driver w/hawaiian shirt

Thunderhill's 15-turn 3-mile road course features oncamber and offcamber banked turns, lots of elevation changes, and arguably the best 5-turn linkable section in the western US. Come enjoy drifting of epic proportions combined with some great hawaiian festivities.

This sounds like a fun and amazing event. Count the Drift Avengers in. Forrest and James will see if they can break 120mph drift... if you send me a link to my email , we will post this on driftavengers.com

ruth surrey
      ruth@driftavengers.com

Comment

Why do people quote the original post? Or entire posts for that matter?

All that Hawaiian reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean when Jack got caught by the natives.

Comment

Thunderhill is one of the coolest tracks in Cali, drifting full course there will be a great experience and really test how big your balls truly are. The backdrop is really epic with tons of elevation changes thru rolling hills. Hear Calvin Wan and Alex Phiefer may come out too, this is gonna be a sick *Censored**Censored**Censored* grassroots nor-cal drift event!

Comment

we want to promote this amazing event...let it go.

Comment

Dr. Z

This is such a great way to open up the avenue for the everyday grassroot kids to get some severely needed seat time. Isn't that what it is all about? Helping others to enjoy and participate in the sport we LOVE!

Comment

Monday !?!?!??! Really !?!?!?!?

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
                This is such a great way to open up the avenue for the everyday grassroot kids to get some severely needed seat time. Isn't that what it is all about? Helping others to enjoy and participate in the sport we LOVE!
                if you really wanted to make it an event to help out others, then you should have planned it for a weekend, not a MONDAY ! most of us cant afford to take days off to do what we really love to do... guess if you pulled your heads out of your asses you would know that !

plan better !

Comment

acchhhhheem... I don't think the controversial people you guys are referring to have anything to do with the organization of the event.

I chose to have this event on a monday because it's the day after FD Washington, and I'm trying to get guys who are driving in/spectating at FD to take an extra day on their way back to socal and other places and drift at thunderhill. I KNOW that a monday isn't the best day for most of you, but something you probably didn't take into consideration is that to get dates at thunderhill, you have to book them a year in advance. they're FULL!

2010 will see some weekend TD-fulltrack drift events, and keep your eye out. I've got 2 more coming up in 09 that WILL be on weekends... not great ones though, trust me, I've tried.

I understand that lots of you have some kind of beef with the Drift Avengers, and that's too bad. The damn drift scene thrives on drama like so many 18yr old white girls, so you've gotta cannibalize SOMEONE right?

Leave your opinions of them out of this please. Everyone who is coming to the event is equally cool, from pros to first-time fulltrackers. I personally am very excited to meet James, and to see Forrest, Tommy, Pat, etc again.

BTW J-bizzle (I'm assuming this is james... right?) Calvin is usually at my fulltrack events (he's a good friend, and lives close to the track), and Alex mentioned on ZT that he'd be here (he was at the last one too), and I'm hoping to have Matt Powers back again, but I'm not sure if his finances/schedule is going to allow... regardless, there'll definitely be some SIIICK driving going on.

+ if Tommy comes, we'll have 3 SR'D COROLLAS! OMG! Tomasz, Rich, and Tommy!

Comment

good luck with the event.. just be sure to have a babysitter handy for the Drift Avengers !

We all know they are bunch of Bittches if they dont get their way !

Comment

Dr. Z

You guys kill me. We're not puting on the event, But still MR.AE FAN HAS TO GO BACK TO JUNIOR HIGH and call us all bitches. I wish you would post your real name but you probably wont. You cant cash any checks you are writing and I'll bet that... You probably wont even be there. You like Calvin Wan's white FD? I have well over 100 hours in his car fabricating brackets and the initial build up... ASK HIM SCHMUCK! To everyone else; thanks for accepting my apologies!!! Peace out!

Comment

Dr. Z

Just as I said. You are such a juvenile hater that you can resort to nothing but name calling.. Did you even finish High School! Bittch is not spelled right. Maybe that's the way you spell your name!!! Meet me one on one...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
                          Just as I said. You are such a juvenile hater that you can resort to nothing but name calling.. Did you even finish High School! Bittch is not spelled right. Maybe that's the way you spell your name!!! Meet me one on one...
                          Meet me one on one .... LMFAO !!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

guys. not in my event thread. please? thank you.

I love you all equally. as long as you pay the entry fee :P

Comment

Originally posted by conepirate View Post
                              guys. not in my event thread. please? thank you.

I love you all equally. as long as you pay the entry fee :P
                              Looks like an awesome event!!

Comment

Working...
                              X