No announcement yet.

Keep Drifting Fun @ the Holley LS Fest Drift Challenge this September 9-11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Drifting Fun @ the Holley LS Fest Drift Challenge this September 9-11th

Hey everyone,

My name is Blane Burnett and I'm in the process of building up an S14 to compete in autocross & road racing events. For the past year I've been working for Holley Performance Products. They own and operate several brands that you may be familiar with: Holley, Earl’s, Flowtech, Hooker, Earl’s, NOS, & Weiand.

I wanted to tell you all about a killer event we put on last year called LS Fest. It's an event that centered around the GM LS-series engine and made a great impact within the automotive community. Participants last year were able to participate in drag racing classes, auto-crossing, a speed stop challenge, a car show, car cruise, and more. We were also fortunate to have Nick Thomas from Nashville, TN come up and put on a drift demo for us in his LS1 powered S14. It was very well received so this year we're kicking it up a few notches.

Here are the details:

What: It’s called the Holley LS Fest Drift Challenge. It's an invitational only event and pits 12 or more (we’re hammering this out now) drivers against one another in a judged event that will end with the victor taking home a $1000 cash payout. 2nd and 3rd place prizes will also be awarded.

When: September 9-11, 2011

Where: Beech Bend Raceway Park in Bowling Green, KY (located one hour north of Nashville, TN off of Interstate I-65).

Why: Drifting is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with within the automotive community as is the LS-series of engines. They’re being put in everything imaginable. Though both have been around for quite some time, the two entities are quickly being drawn together within this the sport of drifting.

This is a great motorsport and we want to help it grow. We make a number of parts for LS engines and want to give you a chance to check them out at the event while doing what you enjoy. From bolt on performance parts to our standalone EFI systems (two of which are currently being using in Formula D), there's a lot to do and see at LS Fest.

How: It doesn't matter what make and model the vehicle is as long as it's powered by an LS engine. If you're interested in showing us what you've got please send an email to driftchallenge@holley.com that includes the following information: Your name, address, phone number and car year, make, model. Send photos of your vehicle's exterior and engine compartment. Then tell us (in 200 words or less) why you should be chosen for the contest, and what professional skills/qualifications you have that will help you compete. So far we have 9 out of 12 drivers selected so hurry up and get your entries in for review.

Schedule: This year the schedule dictates that the Drift Challenge start in the late afternoon at 5:30 p.m. on Friday. The event will continue Saturday at 5:30 in the afternoon as well, followed by more tandem drifting taking place at 3:30 in the afternoon on Sunday.

You can look at the loose schedule on our site at http://www.holley.com/data/Pages/LSF...20Schedule.pdf

A much more detailed schedule for the Drift Challenge will be put up live on the website at the end of next week.

Lodging: Hotel information can be found on our site at the following link: http://www.holley.com/LSFest/AreaLodging.asp A number of hotels in the area are putting together savings packages to accommodate event participants and spectators so make sure you let them know why you’re in town to tap into the savings.

Questions/Concerns: Feel free to email me questions or concerns driftchallenge@holley.com. I’ll be happy to respond to any and all questions concerning the event and LS Fest as a whole.
    Last edited by HolleyPerf; 08-13-2011, 09:53 AM. Reason: added photo

Current Driver Roster/Bracket Increase Announcement

Hey everyone! Not a week after making the initial post on Drifting.com we have successfully fulfilled the initial 12 spots we laid out for the Drift Challenge this year.

With the quick roster fill we’ve realized thus far, we are happy to announce that we are opening up four additional slots to make for a 16 car bracket. In light of this announcement, here's a link of how to submit your driver entry for consideration: http://www.holley.com/lsfest/DriftChallenge.asp

Currently the following drivers (listed alphabetically) are going head-to-head @ LS Fest in September:

1. Joseph Amodio
    2. Alan Brunzell
    3. Anthony Dionyssopoulous
    4. James Evans
    5. Kris Hackenson
    6. Jason Jiovani
    7. Ben Lewallen
    8. Forrest Luster
    9. Brian Peter
    10. Dan Savage
    11. Harry Tervola
    12. Nick Thomas

13.?????????????
    14.?????????????
    15.?????????????
    16.?????????????

Who are the other four drivers going to be?

Additionally, the schedule for LS Fest is posted at the following link:
    http://www.holley.com/data/Pages/LSF...20Schedule.pdf

I will have cut the Drifting Schedule out to simplify things and post it on here soon.

Thanks!
    Last edited by HolleyPerf; 08-25-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X