No announcement yet.

attn OHIO people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just remebered something, a while back I drove my car through a river and got stuck, an old man (resembling Bunta) helped me out and brought my car back to his place to dry out the engine untill the tow came. while I was there I noticed a mint yellow lotus in his garage, he told me about how he used to street race up in neslon-ledges, and now there is a street course there, I'm looking for info on SCCA forums, and I will ask him about it tomorrow, there is info on the SCCA site about it so it is legit as far as I can tell

Comment

Hey soultron my friends and I do local meets every Thursday here in Dayton at Quaker Steak & Lube. We're really cool with the management and my Subaru friends up there do meets at the local QS & L up there. I could talk to the management about getting space at the lot for a meet. I suggest doing monthly drift meets and promoting it only within the drifting community so we won't have a rice convention.

There is a Quaker Steak & Lube somewhere near 271. The local scooby and Evo guys meet there, those places are good for holding meets.

Comment

NELSON LEDGES ROAD COURSE
        GARRETTSVILLE, OHIO
        Track Length 2.0Miles

current SCCA record

CLASS TIME AV. SPEED DATE DRIVER CAR
        CSR 1:01.677 116.754 5/18/03 Jacek Mucha Ralt JMS

that's a two mile road course in about a minute, that guy is fast. I'm going to check out the course tomorrow, and ask some friends with parking lots if we could use'm.

the SCCA guys also use the MidOhio track and Nightracer might live closer than us, and I'll get in contact with the akron SCCA guys, my step dad works at goodyear testing tires, and even though the track has been closed for tire testing purposes, it is still open for events, so I'll ask him about it.

Comment

nightracer sounds like your onto something, quaker is always a great place to go, drifting or not,

Comment

Good to hear from you Nightracer!
            HX-50,SRT4ing, bdjoe and I met at the valley view Quaker Steak on weds, this week. It was a good start, so I'd be up for another go. We could reserve a table and all of us so far could meet up. When is a good time for every one?

With the locations I like the six flags lot idea, heard that some where before... what condition is the lot in?
            NEO scca dumped all their auto cross events at Good Year, but Akron Sports car club will be holding events at Euclid Square Mall, which is tem minutes from my house. Nelson ledges might be a bit steep(cash) and is probably too long. looks more like a speed course. Beaver run's kart track (which is also prolly not cheap)
            was perfect, well maybe a bit narrow(27ft). I don't know anything about MidOhio, so I'll have to look it up.
            But these are still good options.

Comment

I'm free for the next two days, mon and tues, time off is rare, so I would like to meet everyone if I can. also there are still events going on at goodyear my friend and I will be autoXing this summer, we have already spoken with the guys sponsoring that, and from what I have heard from HX-50 the lot isn't in very good shape, I've been on it, once but that was a while ago, I think it hasn't been kept up, but I will still check into it, and I'll check into six flags tomorrow, or today or whatever, when I wake up
              Last edited by Menchi; 03-29-2004, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Lets do this on a weekend.

Comment

so are the Neo guys gonna be making a trip to Columbus?

Comment

If they do I can get the SWO guys to go. We'd be looking at a huge meet if we had a place in Cbus.

Comment

C-bus hmm, well i know that OSU has a ton of parking lots there that for the most part are empty in the summer, i think they run auto x in them, might consider that, so if we do it in c-bus then we can pro'lly have NE SW and central ohio folks comming. OK there's my thought for the morning, i gotta get to class now.

EDIT: whoops should be TOSU, wow been away for a year and already forgetting that

Comment

that's good point, c bus isn't too far away really.
                        the next two weekends are not so good, my band has shows, but what about the 25th?
                        If any NEO guys wanna get together before though
                        that let me know.

Comment

I agree with trying columbus, it's a good central location. It seems there are a fair ammount of Western Pennsylvanian drifters as well. Perhaps getting some of them involved could help the #'s. I do not know any of them personally, however.

Comment

Count me in. I'm new to drifting and would like to learn as much as i can. Where ever there are meets i'll try and be there.

Comment

Welcome aboard supradrifter.
                              where about is lewisburg?

Comment

sup SupraDrifter, welcome to da club, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X