No announcement yet.

attn OHIO people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, smaller is better. So my SXT now with about 800 miles under her belt was opened up last night, Yes it's an FF auto neon, but i found a nice flat blacktop parking lot and did some e brake fun drifts, nuttin serious, and left satisified with the rubber smelling lot behind me

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
      The best thing to do then is find a place, and see how little (if not free) we can rent it for. Then figure out how many cars we can run (and keep under control) in an 8 to ten hour period and still make it worth the money to them. (Most of the people at dgtrials got 10 or more runs and paid 100 dollars.) Too many people and no one gets enough runs, too few and we have to charge too much. If there's any close contact, we'll have to get insurance, so doing it auto X style would be good (1 at a time). That rules out
      head to head d1 style events, but time attack shouldn't be over looked. Neo could still hold a small meet if we want, but we can still help out with this. Even thought there's like 10 of us so far.
      If its like 10 of us I say we go hit up a big parking lot, backroading and go for a nice meal at a cool place like D & B or something.. If we're going to have something going on like actual drifting at the meet, we need money and lots of it because it costs loot to rent a facility and money to promote it to the right people because we wouldn't want 10 people to come out to a track day. That'd suck for the spectators And if you're thinking about renting Mid Ohio prepare to drop $9500 and thats just for the facility rental for the day. That doesn't include hotel, parties, food, tires, promotion, etc.. An even like that would cost $15k to put on..

It'd be cool to have a drift session where the FR guys can come out and practice drifting and the FF guys can come out, practice and get instruction on weight transfer and different driving techniques. But again that brings us back to money, how we gona pay for it? Thats why I said lets just do a meet and possibly try to get everyone to pitch in for a drift event so we can have something cool later.

Comment

we could start small, and host several small meets untill we are conifdent enough to take on such a large event, it would also give us time to save. by small meet I mean about AutoX event size, once word gets out spectators won't be a prob, and if we need money there is always merchandising, I know a t-shirt printing company that could make us something to sell, so we could cover costs. I think we should find a lot in columbus cheap like you said, and grow as the meets progress. and crowd size, and if some ricers want to get sideways in thier moms wagon, let em thats more money to keep this running.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT4ing
          Ya, smaller is better. So my SXT now with about 800 miles under her belt was opened up last night, Yes it's an FF auto neon, but i found a nice flat blacktop parking lot and did some e brake fun drifts, nuttin serious, and left satisified with the rubber smelling lot behind me
          You went out practicing and you didn't tell me.. you bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by bdjoe
            I was thinking the same thing, but it isn't quite what you think it is, I'll let him explain,

Comment

so, Menchi, did you get to meet anyone last night? I forgot that you said you were free. Besides I was wrapped up in Watching t he Big Chuck and Little John show.. it's a bad habit, I know..

Comment

yea, HX-50, and SRT4ing, we didn't drive, and there was alot of snow and rain, which I think is fun but no one else seems to like, I checked out the nelsons ledge's road course by my self, or at least the location, it's not too far out and looks like it would be fun to meet at one day this summer, when are we all meeting next week??

Comment

Are you talking about the Nelson Ledges I thinking of?
                  The one I know of is not much different than Beaver run in Penn.

I'm still looking at getting a plain ol' parking lot.
                  I estimate Beaver was 5000 or so, and the DGtrials guys broke even on it. Not meaning I wanna make money, meaning they
                  almost paid out of pocket. It was a good time though.

Comment

Five steps to making this a kick a$$ meet

Step one: Find a business in Cbus with a large enough lot for us to hold a meet.
                    Step two: Find an open lot in a low patrolled area we can practice at.
                    Step three: Select a date to meet on. (a weekend) Confirm it with the business.
                    Step four: Post the, info for the meet and keep the lot in step 2 quiet.
                    Step five: We all bring our friends to the meet, shoot the sh!t, talk, etc..
                    Step Five: We all go out to the open lot from step two and hit up the backroads.

What could be better than this? Why would we need to go to any other meet if we had a kick a$$ meet like this? We can start small and grow to whatever size we want, keep it small or let it grow at it's own pace. I can bring ppl all you guys can bring ppl or we can all come alone. Its all good.
                    Last edited by nightracer; 04-04-2004, 11:25 AM.

Comment

that sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by bdjoe

teeeheee, well I was out with a friend of mine back from Highschool, she goes to college in PA and came home for the weekend and brought a few of her buddies, including a lot of girls so me being a guy with a shiny new black SEMI-sport car was showing off on this smooth black slightly damp parking lot while other stood by and watched me melt my treads. So i do a pull around in front of them and one of these girls is like I wanan ride...she gets in and Im like what would u like me to do..."she's like I dunno" I replied with well how bout an e-brake drift...she's like whats that...I told her to buckle up and took off, now keep in mind this is a brand new 04 Neon SXT...floored it i must have been pushing 30-35mph before I pulled the brake, did about a 240 degree spin and came around and did another half *Censored**Censored**Censored* one...she's like Ima be a girl right now and screamed a bit...then i let her out...leaving the joint stinking off tire rubber, but no burn makrs due to the wet surface...i still fetl bad running on brand new tires so hard i won't be doing it much, but it was a rare opprunitiy, soryr I didn't invite u guys but u can understand

Comment

LOL
                          as long as she wasn't like a girl and peed herself or puked in the car.

Comment

Driving like a maniac with a hot girl in the car ownz!

Comment

what??? we missed out on hot chicks?? Damn.

Comment

Just re-stating, c-bus locations, OHIO STATE huge huge parking lots that are essentially empty all summer cause all students are gone. Oh and menchi what are you talking about? we drifted last night :P in Need For Speed haha

Comment

Working...
                                X