ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D1 Grand Prix at Drift Showoff Miami (May 29, 2004)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will used tires be for sale their? will a mounting/balancing machine be there? wut kinda are will it be for the clinic? i heard something abuot paddock, will that be for us or the D1 guys?

*edit* i pre registared, and have not recived an email... im guessing this isnt good?

*edit2* my brother is saying i did... never mind adult ADD thing... ya know
    Last edited by Spazum888; 05-27-2004, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Please assume that nothing will be available on property and bring extra equipment. This should be the case for any event you attend.

There will be a practice area on Saturday with instructors. Sunday will be an all day clinic followed by the competition.

There will be a paddock for all drivers attending the event. Please use caution when entering the property and pay attention to the signs or course workers to guide you to your paddock.
      You can easily get lost once your in and this could delay your driving time. We will be on a very tight schedule and it is our goal to make sure everyone gets enough track time.

Here are few other suggestions.

-Show up early. We will be on property at 6:00 am
      -Bring lots of fluids and snacks
      -Spare equipment is highly suggested
      -Do not "fiddle" with your car 4 hours before the event. Make sure your car is done at least a day before the event.
      -Run a check list of items to bring to the event and don't forget your helmet.
      -Review our tech inspection sheet at www.driftday.com

Comment

i know yamamoto and JR but who is the other guy? is that the red/gray tires depot s13? is there gonna be a good vantage point for spectators? will the falken guys be doing some exhibition on saturday? this event sounds sick guys! good luck to all and i'll seya there

Comment

Originally posted by greazymule
          i know yamamoto and JR but who is the other guy? is that the red/gray tires depot s13? is there gonna be a good vantage point for spectators? will the falken guys be doing some exhibition on saturday? this event sounds sick guys! good luck to all and i'll seya there

hey hey! Its the red & grey DISCOUNT TIRE CO car, driven by Calvin Wan.

See you guys there...you're in for one helluva show!!!

Please stop by and visit our cars, meet Calvin..and check out his new Hero Cards!

Comment

Calvin Wan is the Drift competitor that single handedly made a Red FD famous at D1 in 2003. He has been competing in various drift competitions and teaches drifting at Drift Days and U.S Drift events.

There will be drift demos on Saturday so don't miss it!

Comment

sweet! i have seen the vid of calvin at last drift showoff just didn't know his name. i am psyched about the show, my *Censored**Censored**Censored* will be there all day! will the cars be in an area that i could check em out? i would love to get an up-close look at them! thanks again for answering all of my questions. i have been to a couple DGTRIALS events but this is my first big *Censored**Censored**Censored* event and it is gonna be awesome! thanks alot and hope to see you all there.

Comment

i hope theres alotta drift "showing off" going on. which day is best to come for a spectator?

Comment

It really depends on what you are interested in....

Saturday will be a great day to see Keichi and Nomuken. There will demos on Saturday, but I think it is more of an opportunity to meet the D1 judges.

Sunday is a great day to support your local drivers competing for cash and prizes. The Demo drivers will be familiar with the course too and might put on a better show.

Comment

Day 1 was great. I didn't get a chance to get Tsuchiya's or Nomuken's autograph or picture. Anywho I got video and pictures taken so hopefully I should have them up soon. Just gotta look for a host. I'll be there again on Day 2. See you all there!

Comment

I posted up pics of the event in the pics section.

Comment

boooo, i don't have a ride to day 2!!! great event though yesterday!

Comment

Working...
                        X