US Drift invades Northern VA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Drift invades Northern VA.

US Drift is holding its first US Drift National Competition and Drift Day. It is open to experienced drivers and newbies alike. US Drift 101 classroom sessions will be required for all novices.

Where:
    Old Dominion Speedway, Manassas, Virginia
    10611 DUMFRIES ROAD, MANASSAS VA. 20112
    LOCATED 2 MILES SOUTH OF MANASSAS ON ROUTE 234 ACROSS FROM
    PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS
    (703)361-RACE or (703)361-7753

When:
    June 6, 2004
    Pricing
    $50--Practice Only
    $75--Practice and Competition
    Purse:
    $500.00 Winner take all
    Gift Certificate that will cover one set of BBS wheels. ( Some of the super expensive wheels and three piece race wheels one can use the certificate for but may incur some extra cost.)
    Registration
    Registration is online at the following link:
    US Drift National Registration
    OR
    You may register at the track on the day of the event but you are not guaranteed a spot as they are limited. Registration at the track will take place at the US Drift Information/Registration Booth.

Schedule
    The following is a preliminary schedule. The official schedule will be posted 1 week prior to the event and be available in printed form at the track.
    Old Dominion Speedway US Drift Nationals and Import Drags

Start Finish Time Group
    7:30 AM Vendor Move In
    9:00 AM Gates Open to General Public
    8:00 AM 9:30 AM 90 Registration and Tech
    9:30 AM 9:45 AM 15 Mandatory Driver's Meeting

10:00 AM 10:45 AM 45 Open Practice Group C
    10:45 AM 11:30 AM 45 Open Practice Group B
    11:30 AM 12:15 PM 45 Open Practice Group A
    12:15 PM 1:00 PM 45 Open Practice Group C
    1:00 PM 1:45 PM 45 Open Practice Group B
    1:45 PM 2:30 PM 45 Open Practice Group A
    2:30 PM 3:30 PM 60 USDN Single Eliminations
    3:30 PM 4:30 PM 60 USDN Super 8 Tandem Battle
    4:30 PM 5:00 PM 30 BBS/GRM Awards Presentation A--Car numbers 1-20
    5:00 PM 6:00 PM 60 Pack Up B-Car numbers 21-40
    6:00 PM 6:00 PM 0 Gates Close C--Car numbers 41-60
    USDN --All competitors registered for US Drift National Competition

Other Activities
    There is also an 8th mile import drag event that is occurring.
    Registration is at the track only.
    Drag racing fee is $25
    Cash awards will be given by class. Please contact Old Dominion Speedway for details regarding the Import Drags Old Dominion Speedway

This Dosen't Sound So Good

I had just went to the Lookoutdrift event in Richmond and it wasn't too bad. We had two teams(odds-evens) and had about four heats(1hour each) and at the end whoever had tires left just ran. The event was from 9-6pm. You could average about 20+runs or more. It cost about 75 to enter too.
    Recap:
    1)costs $75
    2)4 heats/4hours
    3)20+runs

The event in Manassas isn't a practice event really. It's more of a competition event with only 2 heats(45 Mins/each). They want us to dish out 50 bucks to practice for 2heats or 75 bucks to get an extra run in the competition? That blows.
    Recap:
    1)costs $75
    2)2heats/1+1/2hours
    3)7+runs

For the same amount of money you could go to Lookout's drift practice events and have almost 3 TIMES as many runs. Plus they won't have anyone cutting in your practice time with "tandem hour". 1 hour for tandem competitions? What are we in California or something? Someone's gonna crash. Bet.
    Alright, maybe that's too much but we need to learn how to crawl before we start to attempt to run. I also think that we should have more than 2heats(45min each) if we're gonna pay 50-75 bucks.
    With all do respect, I don't think that there is anyone around here that is good enough to be competing yet. If they are then its only a handful of people which isn't really much of a competition anyways. I'm not trying to say that everyone sucks, but I just think that we should have more practice events like the one in Richmond so we can improve our skills. I mean we don't even have any practice events and all of a sudden we're going to have competitions? That just dosen't make sense to me that's all.

Comment

Just so you know and to clarify any confusion, that post you replied to was from a YEAR ago. And all of their competitions had tandem runs, and no one hour demos in between sessions, and no crashed all season (into each other) so you lost your bet!!1 But I'm glad you had fun, see you next time.
      Last edited by conspire; 05-06-2005, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Riptider
        With all do respect, I don't think that there is anyone around here that is good enough to be competing yet. If they are then its only a handful of people which isn't really much of a competition anyways. I'm not trying to say that everyone sucks, but I just think that we should have more practice events like the one in Richmond so we can improve our skills. I mean we don't even have any practice events and all of a sudden we're going to have competitions? That just dosen't make sense to me that's all.
        and btw several of the guys at that event are competing at FD in Road Atlanta this weekend (one that I know of qualified in NJ and at RA). And we have been holding practice events since 2002 and have been running them monthly for the last couple of years.

Comment

how far is that away from norfolk?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDrifta
            how far is that away from norfolk?

it's in richmond, VA so 1.5 hours...maybe www.mapquest.com

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedS13
              it's in richmond, VA so 1.5 hours...maybe www.mapquest.com

I think he means the ODS event which will be in Manassas

Comment

Originally posted by su_maverick
                I think he means the ODS event which will be in Manassas

shoot, you're right...haha...I'm used to going to richmond and south for USD events....either way manassas i'm not sure how close it is...

but here is the flyer...

Comment

this is for the wrong event, this was from 2004.

here is the thread for the event on June 5th, 2005.

please close this thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X