ATTN OH, KY, NC and TN ppl: DRAGON RUN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN OH, KY, NC and TN ppl: DRAGON RUN

Yes thats right I said it people. Dragon Run. We're setting up a drive on the famous US 129 in Tennesse and North Carolina (The Dragon). We're looking to set this up for mid-late July. We're going to leave from Dayton, Ohio and stop in Cinncinnati and pick up a few Evos and God knows what else. Then we're going to hit up a Louisvillestreets.com cruise-in, in Louisville Ky. After the LS.com meet we'll head down to Eastern TN. where we'll attack the dragon. There are other roads we will take that are twisty and have good elevation change so its not just a trip for one road.

This stretch of US 129 stretches from just south of Koxville TN. through the Smokey Mountains into Deal's Gap, North Carolina. It is 11 miles long with 318 turns.

You are welcome to join us IF your car is up to par that means good brakes, tires, etc. We won't be racing or drifting on the dragon when we drive it as a group because of the risks. Be warned this road is NOT for n00bs and has claimed many cars, trucks, bikes and even lives. It can be dangerous if you don't respect it. The back to back turns and elevation change make it a blast to drive though.

Date: Friday July, 23rd to Sunday July, 25th
    Date pending Ghost of Duluth's availability
    Last edited by nightracer; 05-29-2004, 01:59 AM.

More info

Maps an info on the area can be found at www.tailofthedragon.com.. We will have all types of cars with us from my Porsche 944 and my friend's Evo's to a few Miatas so we will most likely drive up and down the road a few times then go in seperate groups of cars equally as fast as each other.

Check this link for details.

Due to the fact that dumba$$es like to show up and ruin things for people I have to make this statement. I will not be held accountable for any damage of property, personal injury or death. You drive at your own risk.
    Last edited by nightracer; 05-20-2004, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I wonder if my GTO can hang...

I'm definately in.

Comment

When's this going down? my summer is kinda busy right now but i don't wanna miss out on this

Comment

Uh-oh you are coming right into my backyard. Come on in brothers. I live about 20 mins fromthe Dragon right in Knoxville. Also give me an exact date since me and my dad have a cabin about 1 hour from the Dragon on hway 441 at the top of Georgia. We have Bar-be-que pits and river frontage and the whole nine yards. May be a place to bed down for the night. Long as things don't get too rowdy. But give me an exact date so I can make sure the pop's ain't using it that weekend.

Keep me posted.

Comment

well I live up in Bristol TN/VA(twin cities) so I'll tell my guys and we'll head on down there too. Sounds like its gonna be badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
              Uh-oh you are coming right into my backyard. Come on in brothers. I live about 20 mins fromthe Dragon right in Knoxville. Also give me an exact date since me and my dad have a cabin about 1 hour from the Dragon on hway 441 at the top of Georgia. We have Bar-be-que pits and river frontage and the whole nine yards. May be a place to bed down for the night. Long as things don't get too rowdy. But give me an exact date so I can make sure the pop's ain't using it that weekend.

Keep me posted.
              Damn this is just perfect!!

Well myself and the few guys that are coming from my city are unsure about a specific date as of yet but we are definitely up for this. I think we'll choose a date here in the next few days. We'd like it to be around sometime in July. One guy wants it to be in early July I want it to be in late July. I definitely will keep you posted on the date and how things are going. I'd love for you to join us man.

I had a guess you might live in this area and I was right. Haha thats how you got to be such a good driver!

Comment

hmm...scratches chin....hmmmm very interesting, keep us Ohioians posted too!

Comment

Are you actually planning to "drift" this or just drive it?? Looks, uh dangerous..

Comment

Drive it. I don't think anybody but Ghost of Duluth has the skill to drift that. Besides my friend went through a set of tires gripping it but he was in a fwd turbo car with lots and lots of power.

I'm not there yet. Maybe a few turns but its just asking for it. They say that "doing tricks" is one of the main reasons people wreck on the dragon so I'm not exactly trying to get into a sticky situation.

Comment

I myself had a lot of fun just running at around 80 on 77 north
                      through west virginia this past saturday coming back from NC.
                      The vette is a down hill loving heap, i really need to figure out how to get some sort of sway bar in the back. The rear was all like some dumb girl at a rave, steady rolling and all over the place.

Comment

Bring it to my house beotch!

-MR

Comment

Related to the post:

How about we all go to DG trials Beaver Run II event in PA on the way down (July 17th) and then leave from there?

I'm most definately in as long as it's after the 17th - I've been wanting to drive that road for so long...

-MR

Comment

That sounds like a pretty good idea MR. I know i'll be at beaver on the 17th, i just dunno if i'll have the time off work to take another trip right after.

Comment

Could you drive to BR and then hit the Dragon on the way back down?

I'm going to be driving back from CT and figured that doing that might be a good way to break up the trip...

-MR

Comment

Working...
                              X