Buttonwillow Track Day (Sept. 17th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttonwillow Track Day (Sept. 17th)

Backed/Presented by SYR w/ help from EDS...
    Let me know if you're interested. We're looking at a $150 cover fee per person. The members of EDS are taking care most of the cost but your participation will help!

This is NOT a normal track day, there won't be any instructers or training available this day. Limited to 15-20 people so hurry and email me for more information.

Where: Buttonwillow Raceway (in the middle of friggin nowhere!)
    When: September 17th 2004 (it's a friday fellas/Ladies!)
    Why: Drive fun and safely... sideways....

check the website for more detailed information...
    http://fujiwaraeightsix.tripod.com/eds/id10.html

Middle of nowhere? im offended by that... well i guess your right it is in the middle of no where.

Comment

sorry man didn't mean to offend you
      it's all good though buttonwillow is cool... except when you're driving down 5 and you hit that one area... where it smells really terrible... haahahahahahha

Comment

i used to make that trip on a regular bases. so yeah... i know exactly where your talking about lol... well im from bakersfield, but for a while i worked at the mcdonalds out in the buttonwillow truck stop and im deffenately familar with this area. I'd sign up but i really dont have any track experience, and at the moment i cant promise my car will even be running by then (although i can only hope.. stupid broken car and empty wallet) Anyways have fun in kern county..

Comment

I'd love to come, but I have no track experience and would probably spend half my time recovering from tank-slappers.

I guess I'll save for a day where I can learn from instructors, or when I won't be preventing someone better from progressing.

Comment

don't get us wrong... this isn't some "pro level" event... there just won't be any instructors there... it's going to be track... the car, and you.

Comment

Will you guys take a deposit? I don't have $150 right now, but I guarantee I will have it by mid-August. I'd like to be a part of this.

Comment

GRiDRaceTech

yes i can take a deposit to guarantee your spot... however this is a non refundable deposit and you must understand that... let me know what you'd like to do...

rick

Comment

dang...ide really love to goto this event, mostly because buttonwillow is like, the only place where drifting events are that isnt 3 hours away from me. only 2 hours.

but, i wouldnt be able to go cause:
                  1. i dont have 150 bucks.
                  2. ive never really driven my car in a speedy way
                  3. ive never drifted...due to lack of places to practice.
                  4. i dont have any safety equipment like helmets or anything.

if i had 150 bucks and a helmet, i would definately be there though. ide love to go and actually try drifting for once.

Comment

sorry to hear that you couldn't make it... any helmet will due just as long as it's SA-95 or newer. keep in mind that this is a great place to learn. since you will have so much track time you won't know what to do with it all... most events you learn but only at the end of the day then you have to stop. since we have a very limited amount of people going to this, there won't be any time for rest! try and come up with the funds and join us.

Comment

Rick, tell me where to send the deposit through PayPal. Would $50 be enough? Thanks.

Comment

where could i get an sa-95 helmet? and how could i tell if any helmet i might get is sa-95?

maybe by the time the even comes around i could get one. (i hope at least)
                        Last edited by Munch; 07-21-2004, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Munch...

SA-95 basically means the helmet is good from 1995 and up... most helmets now are like sa-00 and up... so don't worry to much on that... half face or full face... motorcycle or strictly track helmet... just as long as it works ok?? =)

GridRaceTech...

the paypal address you can send the money to is Fujiwara86@aol.com
                          Please be sure to add 3% for all the paypal transaction fees please.

to all...

The event is filling up fast... if i remember correctly we have only 3 more slots open, and there are about 8 maybe's right now, what does that mean for you? It means that since there is 8 people on the maybe list... it's up to them to give me the money, heck who knows if none of them can come up with the funds... the everyone has a chance... basically it goes like this... whoever can throw down the money first, gets first slots. SO HURRY AND SIGN UP!!!!! I can promise that you'll have a blast at this event!!!

Comment

Money sent. I'll send an e-mail to the same address with required information.

Comment

GRiDRaceTech...

i just received your payment CONGRATS!!! you have now reserved yourself for the buttonwillow event. See you there!!!!

THe rest of you... one spot is now gone... only 2 left!!!! and there are still plenty MAYBES!

Comment

Working...
                              X