• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama

Country boys drift too!

just kidding

get in touch if anyone wants to tear hell out of some pavement

You can probably get some Atlanta guys and come to some of their meets. Can't remember how far Birmingham is from Atlanta but might work for you if you can't find anyone there.

Comment

I might be able to get some people. Not me cause im only 15 and my car is in like 4,000 pieces. But im gettin a AE86 when a little bit after i turn 16.

Comment

i'm in enterprise alabama..b-ham is far for me.. bout to move to orlando though.. alabama is sooo boring

Comment

Alright i'm in alabama, cullman to be more precise. (cullman is halfway between huntsville and b'ham) if there is anyone nearby that knows of somewhere to practice email me and i will get w/ you when i finish swapping motors in my s13....

Comment

Do you know were the MET is? (It is in Hoover where the Barons play baseball.) I could get some people to go.

Comment

I have no idea how to get there... but it would be nice to meet up w/ some people in the area that are into this as well(i was beginning to think i was about the only one)... name a time when you can meet me somewhere and i will let you know if i can be there or not... maybe we can organize a meet somewhere or something lik ethat... who knows...

Comment

It is a couple of miles away from the Galleria Mall. I goin to ask some friends when I see them.

Comment

I'm from dothan
                  Me and a bud of mine both have 240's I'm got an 93 rps13 and he's got a 96 s14. We've been drifting on streets for a while now but its getting dangerous really now....and its not much longer until we get pulled over. We get frowns in parking lots and occasional cars follow us afterwards on the streets.

He's better than me though. I haven't quite learned to react to the understeer on the 240. I mainly powerover except in parking lots...I try to do new things. But has anyone heard about like a track in newton set up at the old airport. second sunday in every mointh they put a cone course up at the old airport from what I heard

Comment

Dothan actually puts up a course... wow!!

i would try and setup a meeting date but i am in the process of my fiance moving in w/ me as well as her son and we're getting used to living together... so my hands are pretty much tied but if someone can set up a date and place to meet we can meet up as long as i have enough time make arrangements....

Comment

I live in Birmingham and have thought about the Met. Also there is the Birmingham race course that let the SCCA do Autocross and I have "looked" at the Pelham Civic Center Parking Lot. It is big and empty. It is a good place. I would love to meet up with some guys in town. Going to Atlanta is not bad it is about 2-2.5 hours away but it would be nice to do something in town. My car is up on blocks right now because I am changing the suspension. Also is anyone going to Road Atlanta for the Petit LeMans this weekend? It is not drifting but it is road racing and it is pretty cool. It is a ten hour race and on Friday there is the speed world challange race.

Comment

it would be nice to go... if you can set something up for a time and place to meet let me know and i will do my best to be there... my s13's in the middle of a motor swap right now but i can always play around a$$ dragging my accord till it gets ready...

Comment

Silvia54, do you live in the pelham/helena area? and i'm pretty sure the cops would be at the civic center in a couple of minutes since there is alot of businesses around there. I think the met would be the best place.

WOW, Dothan that is like 4 hours away.
                          Last edited by 300zxttfreak; 09-22-2004, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I was just wondering if there was a place that we could get permission to do it at that way we would not have to worry about cops. The Hoover Cops are pretty bad out at the Met. As fas as getting permission we may have the best luck at the Birmingham Race Course because they already have events out there. We may even be able to get it through the Alabama SCCA.

Comment

I heard that its in Newton, like 30 minutes out of dothan, its every second sunday in a month. Its not necessarily a drift track I heard its just a cone track but we could maybe talk them into a drift day also.

Comment

Working...
                              X