No announcement yet.

Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got an idea! Maybe we could get the people at BIR to let us drift in between races or after the races. It's just an idea but it might work.

Comment

It might actually work... it would definately be nice to able to practice w/o worry of police and other obstacles....

Comment

Hey BronzeGod I just meet a girl in Baton Rouge that is from Dothan AL she goes to LSU now....

I am also going to see my friend up in the AL soon I think he is Montgomery (SP) AL so if anyone is in that area let me know I might be able to meet up with you oneday in a month or so

Comment

Other good places would be at the drag strips in the area. I know the drag strip in steele, AL has a huge parking lot. It is about an hour north of Birmingham. I am not sure about Lasiter(sp??) Mtn but it is just north of Birmingham. The people around these places are used to car noise. I like the Idea of BIR. Not a great neibhorhood but it does have potential. It would have to be in the parking lot because the infield is closed off by a wall. It is not set up like Irwindale. I am going to try and get some numbers to these places and then maybe we can split up and call them to see if they would be intrested.

Comment

sounds like a good idea... i know that out near cullman there is the baileyton dragstrip as well... i'm not sure about how much is asphalt though....

Comment

What about Barber speedway? I know they usually race motorcycles but we might be able to pull it off.
              If we have the money
              Now that i think of it the BIR parking lot is terrible, has pot holes crackes and a lot of rocks.
              Last edited by 300zxttfreak; 09-28-2004, 04:36 PM.

Comment

It cost 12,000 a to rent Barbers for a day. I do not think that we can get that many people together to pay for that. Also they are booked for just about every weekend by big money clubs. They are not the most receptive bunch but I know some people that work there. There are some pretty big parking lots maybe we can ask about them. I will check into it. I'm gonna be there this weekend for the Grand Am race.

Comment

Good Luck and have fun at the race... yeah that price is a bit steep but if it comes down to around a couple hundred dollars we could probably get enough people to pitch in....

Comment

What we need to do is buy some land and make our own course.

Comment

if you build it they will drift.... sorry to be so corny but i couldn't resist... but yeah if someone built a nice big skidpad i would probably be out there all the time....

Comment

Holy Moly!

Whoa! I posted this five years ago. Weird!

Comment

So anyways; I've got some excellent places to slide around, if anyone wants to drift near Birmingham.

Comment

Not in bama yet....

Sooooo i'm currently in okinawa, japan.... however i come back to bama this spring..... I'm from Florence but will probally end up relocating when i get back..... Kinda looking for info for maybe somewhere to find a car and some good parts store and a place to slide..... I'm currently running a S14 that i managed to put a RB26 in with a bunch of goodies... however with a bunch of legal stuff i'm not going to be able to bring it back to the states so i'm forced to sell her.... so any info from fellow sliders would be greatly appreciated

Comment

i have had my rb20det swaped s13 for about 9 months. was wondering if anyone in Bham or Hville drifts. i live in cullman as well. wonder if this guys from 5 years back still lives here lol

Comment

Working...
                              X