No announcement yet.

ATLANTA Meet (Sept 17th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i know for me, and i think for everyone else that friday would be more convenient. Personally I wouldn't be able to make in on thursday. I hope it all works out though, i can't wait for the meet.

- Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
      Updates.

Basically the recipe for this meeting is to get input from everyone as to how events can be planned, how track owners can be approached and general things to say when trying to get something put together. That's why we are trying to get a room big enough so that anyone who has something to add can say it and people can take notes if need be.
      Is there a NASA club in Atlanta? If so I can talk with the owners of Texas Drift. Maybe we can work somethingo ut

Comment

Friday it is. Paying for the room today. I will make a new formal post tomorrow with all the details. It will be a good one.

Comment

MY birthday is the 17th I am going to get my learners in the mourning do u think I could just hang out with u guys. I live about an hour away from andrettis. I wont bum a ride from u guys.

Comment

Atlanta meet full details.

When. Friday Sept 17th 8:00 pm
            Where. Andretti Speed Lab, Monte Carlo room.

Atlanta Drift enthusiast meet. We are having a meet for the Atlanta and surrounding area Drift enthusiasts to discuss ideas about ways to get the ball rolling in Atlanta. We will be discussing places to contact, ways to contact them and things to say to them to calm any doubts about a Drift event in the area. Bring your ideas, suggestions and good attitudes and have some fun. On hand will be Tony Schultz, Toyo sponsered Drifter for Finish Line Motorsports (sponser permitting) and his car, Sae Kang from Finish line motorsports, Products from Core Performance Products and we will raffle off a Stage 2 Gravity clutch from Competition clutches and Stainless Brake lines from Core Performance. Raffle tickets will be 2 dollars.

Meet like minded people in your area, trade spots if you want and lets try to build the base in Atlanta. Everyone wants more events and safer places to slide so lets make em.

Comment

Yay! Everybody come look at my stock, single cam, daily driver. My competition car will have to be in the gates at NOPI in advance. Ooo, maybe I'll drive my beater Pulsar instead, but need to scrounge some tires first.

Seriously though... I'm pretty sure I can make this meeting as well as Erik Jacobs (President of DGTrials, driver of the Toyo/Finishline Sil40) to help field questions, give ideas, chill out, race some karts, and generally have a good time.

See you all there,
              Tony

Comment

Right on.

Comment

hahaha lol calling yourself drifter-ex and just now getting your learners.

Anyway, whatever your set up Ghost, 2TND racing and associates will be there. Missing maybe one or two of the usual who roll with us to the Mountains. Marking on Outlook and spreading the word.

Comment

Right on man. Be good to see all of you.

I'm fine with you showing up, there will be great people there for you to listen too.

Comment

Bump.

We are trying to get a couple more things to raffle, so wish us luck.

Comment

bump

Comment

I'll be there... oh and some good news...

I just got off the phone with my sponsor, BatlGround Engineering (www.batlground.com), and he told me that Dunlop Tires is going to have me in their drift showoff at the NOPI nationals. Who all is going to be there?

Comment

Right on. It's gonna be cool.

Comment

Is this open for newbies? Practice is hard when the cops chase you off parking lots. I live in the NC mountains so Atlanta is not far besides I was planning on headin to NOPI anyways . Its not as if my friends and I are gonna take up some track time with our poor skills but some firsthand exp. would be well worth the trip...
                              Last edited by BlueRidgeDriftr; 09-10-2004, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Well, let's put it this way. We are not going to have any thing set up, but what people do after it's over is up to you.

Droptopdrifter, looks like I was wrong on the Dunlop event, Jack Cummings at Dunlop lost our email with tire sizes and now the event is full so none of our cars are going to be there. Kind of stinks and he apologized but still a bad deal for us involved. So go out there and rock it out man.

Comment

Working...
                                X