Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay. I've talked to Dave Turner

and sadly.. the airfield is currently closed

there are rumors that it might open up again. But we can't just speculate on that.

thats the update for now. Will keep you posted if any alternative way are found.
    ++++++++++++++

also, we are open for any suggestions of parking lots or a huge space

Comment

yea holtville is probably gone for good i think they lost their lease form the city, we are trying to see if we can rent out el cajon speedway for a drift day, but still working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SDRotary
        yea holtville is probably gone for good i think they lost their lease form the city, we are trying to see if we can rent out el cajon speedway for a drift day, but still working on it.
        isn't that just an oval track?

or can we utilize the inside as a track?

also, there's a wall barrier right?

hmm..i guess, we just have to be carefull about the walls.

thats okay.. just keep us posted.

Comment

Dude walls are a way of life, you can't let that shake you.

Question 1.
          Yeah, does the ball (El Cajon) Speedway have a paved infield?
          If so we could probably work out something like Irwindale.
          Question 2/3
          How big is the parking area at The Ball Speedway? Would they be willing to let us skid and burnout all over it?

Umm yeah, what's next?

Comment

It is sounding like they don't want a bunch of imports there, I think qualcomm would be the best bet for a drift event.

Comment

I might know of a lot. The thing that concerns me is a lack of structure still. Most people with a lot are more concerned about liability than about how much money we pay them. It takes proof of insurance and some sort of structure that shows them you will have cover safety. Like car inspections. Safety rules. That sort of thing.

Tracks often don't worry that much since they are used to it.

The next hurdle is cost. The lot I am thinking of will charge something like $1200 for the day. Can you get enough people involved to cover that? That means 40 people at $30 each for example. And that does not include insurance.

I helped put on a track event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The track was under $2000, but we also had to pay for an ambulance and crew, and show insurance. If we did not provide insurance, they were going to charge us something like $8000 for it. We got insurance.

Comment

Has anyone here even thought about contacting Motohide Miwa (Moto P) about this? i mean the guy knows what he is doing. Drift Days are very very successful with ZERO INJURIES (as far as i know) so far. very organized and helpful. im sure if we got in touch with him he could give us some pointers. i know he has done some autoXing at the Q and i heard he was looking into some events for san diego a while back. might be worth a shot just to see what he says. oh yeah and sucks about holtville. i heard when i was at Dave Turner a while ago.

well next time we have a meeting i would be interested in going just to meet some more faces from san diego. i was posting on club4ag asking if anyone wanted to caravan with me up to DD10 since i saw lots of san diegans registered. it was a solo mission but ohwell. who here is going to DD12? i hear registration should be up around jan. 1st or so. btw on club4ag i go by Shinchu Hayashiria. and if you see me around town im in the red ae86 hatchback with C/f hood, black enkei mesh and a TRD spoiler. see you guys around!

oh and Chas i keep meaning to stop by your shop. Tim at Dave Turners always tell me about you guys over there.

Comment

If you guys think there are potential places that we can rent. Please post of PM me with their information. Im more gladly to conact them and find some information about it.

Oh yeah, RandyC. can you PM me with the track that you have in mind.

I think we can attrack 40+ people for an all day track access

Am i RIGHT people?

Comment

FOW SHOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sideways_In_SD
                      FOW SHOW!!
                      he he. I can alway count on this dude.

Didn't you hit the curve over the weekend?

isn't it damage. ha ha.. just kidding.

Comment

I told you about that huh...

HAHAHAHA,

Yeah I whacked a curb this past weekend. Dinged my rim a bit, and bent the right front lower control arm. Funny, I already replaced the front right lower control arm, coincedence, I think not. It wasn't as bad this time (I can still drive the car), I guess I'm getting better. Man I got some rediculous bump-steer goin on right now tho, ugly.

Time to post a WTB on the slangin board...

Comment

I like to use my company to rent out the drift lot..

Hi.. This is kenny from kc auto.. one of the drift er in san diego.. we can seat and talk about the rent thing face to face.. because is kind of diff. to chat in the forms.. we can find out the day that no one work and meet up..
                          Last edited by kcauto03; 12-29-2003, 06:03 PM.

Comment

<<<<<WARREN G.

You know I'm ready man.

Comment

Originally posted by ae86shinchu
                              oh and Chas i keep meaning to stop by your shop. Tim at Dave Turners always tell me about you guys over there.
                              Yea, same complex, go to the meet on Jan 3rd. The shop will still be open so you can check it out.

Comment

Hey, what about dowtown by the airport. They just leveld all those buildings, and they look like empty lots.

Comment

Working...
                                X