ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D1GP Driver Search; Nov. 6th & Dec. 11th (COMBINING at Irwindale, CA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1GP Driver Search; Nov. 6th & Dec. 11th (COMBINING at Irwindale, CA)

Text from D1 Productions,

November 6th and December 11th Combining at Irwindale, CA !
    Due to difficulties in obtaining an adequate venue in Las Vegas, the November 6th Driver Search Event has been combined with the December 11th Driver Search Finals event.

Our apologies go out to those individuals who are unable to participate in a D1 event due to this change.

any reason why the west coast is the only place they're holding the d1gp searches? I was at the rs-r event in chicago and from what i saw there and what i have seen in california us midwesterner's are at least on par with the people out west. no offence to cali, you have some great drivers out there, all i'm saying is that we deserve a look as well

Comment

Originally posted by HX-50
      any reason why the west coast is the only place they're holding the d1gp searches? I was at the rs-r event in chicago and from what i saw there and what i have seen in california us midwesterner's are at least on par with the people out west. no offence to cali, you have some great drivers out there, all i'm saying is that we deserve a look as well
      They had one in Fl.

Comment

nothing stops you from driving to cali. Just like we drove to mid west.

Dont get me wrong, but the guys who really want to compete will go to great lengths to make it to an event no matter where it is.
        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Originally posted by HX-50
          I think it is unfortunate that the driver searches are so far away from you guys because from what I have seen from the vids you guys have skills, but alex is right and I hope you all are able to make it over to Cali and do your thing.

Comment

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but i heard drivers search for nov 6th has been cancelled.

Comment

Canceled?!?

That better not be true, I'd have to beat someone with a bag of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                nothing stops you from driving to cali. Just like we drove to mid west.

Dont get me wrong, but the guys who really want to compete will go to great lengths to make it to an event no matter where it is.
                We wil definately be coming to Cali or wherever it happens to be. We were ready to go to Canada when they were going to hold an event there, but it was cancelled so we didn't have much notice. Plus we were going on only 3 events and really didn't know we would be able to comepete with the cali guys until you guys all came by.

Next year I think some of us will look more into making it to Cali wether it be a driver search or formula D event.

- Simba

Comment

UPDATE: Text from D1 Productions

Irwindale, California, December 11th, 2004 - D1 Grand Prix is doing it again with a massive 2 part Driver Search and US Championship being held at Irwindale Speedway in California to find out who will be good enough to go on to the December 19th US vs. JAPAN event which has recently been partnered with the Gt-Live Festival at California Speedway in Fontana.

Come out and support your favorite American drivers and watch them slide their way into victory. Additionally, as always, JDM Option will be on site to film and break it down for all the Option fans!

Media are invited to come out and get fresh information on who will be advancing to December 19th and a chance to get shots as the top 10 chosen drivers advance to take on the Japanese on the 19th!

Comment

Allright boys and girls, here's the deal, follow along cause with all the changes things could get confusing.

Nov.6th Las Vegas Driver Search
                    all drivers moved to Dec. 11th, there will be no Nov. 6th event on satruday.

Dec. 11th D1-US Championship and Drivers Search
                    will be the last D1 Driver Search for the 2004 season, the last people chosen from this session will move on to the second half of the day which will be the D1 US Championship. The 10 best will move onto going up against the Japanese on the 19th and as of now 6 runner-ups will also be selected. Tickets are currently on sale on the D1 website www.d1gp.com for Dec. 11th! Here's the deal on that...

Dec. 19th
                    D1 has partnered with the JGTC event, GT-Live, on Saturday and will be leaving all ticket sales to the guys over at GT-Live so log onto jgtcusa.net for tickets. Also, all of the drift aspects for Sunday in relation to the D1 event will be still conducted by the D1 staff and judges.

As always, don't forget the Video Option crew will be covering both events...actually they cover ALL the events we do, so brush those teeth and comb that hair, make your mama proud.

Feel free to email me for more information.

Comment

Working...
                    X