What do you think about formula D???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about formula D???

FD made a lot of people angry last year, they represented drifting as a whol "underground/tuner" lifestyle sorta thing, which obviously this is not.

Now they come back and promise to change... they have a TV deal, better judging, new styles, and a generally promised better show.

so this is my question: will you forgive and foget what FD did last year? how they reped drifting as a whole tuner fad? how they had a GTR on 20's next to a civic on dubsat irwindale? OR will you give them another chance, to the bet of my memory, SMC, even started a ban FD thread...

so there it stands forgive or forget? or hold the grudge?
    FD is Great
    64.52%
    forgive and foget
    16.13%
    hold thine grudge
    6.45%
    whats FD? / i dont care
    12.90%

To be honest, whom ever or what ever puts effordable and frequently available drifting venues near me I will respect and support. Have they done that? Will they do that? Time will tell.

Comment

heres an idea.

WITHOUT SLIPSTREAM/FD THERE WOULD BE NO PROFFESIONALL DRIFTING

seriously, some you poeple stfu. slipstream made it possible for you to watch proffesional drifting RIGHT HERE in america.

what does drifting.com 's e-drifters who never go to events anyways do?

whine about it.

i went to 3/4 events last year. and it was some the funnest type-R times i have ever had. the events were run darn good, scedule was kept pretty well, and very very very fun to attend. i have not one complaint except they dont have drift jousting. but if they did they wouldnt have any more drifters so that complaint doesnt count.

Comment

also if your post didnt make you sound dumb enough...

Originally posted by yarzan
        FD made a lot of people angry last year, they represented drifting as a whol "underground/tuner" lifestyle sorta thing, which obviously this is not.
        however in his sig he quotes
        95% of drifters in japan make a lifestyle , 95% of americans make it a fad

why all this hate for the people who brought drifting to your door? :shakes head:

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
          heres an idea.

WITHOUT SLIPSTREAM/FD THERE WOULD BE NO PROFFESIONALL DRIFTING

seriously, some you poeple stfu. slipstream made it possible for you to watch proffesional drifting RIGHT HERE in america.

what does drifting.com 's e-drifters who never go to events anyways do?

whine about it.

i went to 3/4 events last year. and it was some the funnest type-R times i have ever had. the events were run darn good, scedule was kept pretty well, and very very very fun to attend. i have not one complaint except they dont have drift jousting. but if they did they wouldnt have any more drifters so that complaint doesnt count.
          to some people drifting is more than a sport that they so graciously brought to our door steps for us to be spectaters. What would I do without Formula D? Uh, the same thing that I do while it exist. Order option videos, bi+ch on chat boards, tune my cars, attend auto x's and practice Illegal Street drifting with the risks of getting cought by the cops.
          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 11-12-2004, 03:56 PM.

Comment

And thats the thing about e-drifters or e-thugs, you never can tell one, can you? Could be the guy posing as the antithesis.

Comment

where did i say drifting was nothign more than a weekend sport?

i just dont understand everyone compaining about fd. its done nothign more than open doors for drifting (no pun intended) and give the top american drifters somewhere to showoff their skills.

Comment

usually when people have a problem with something they are either misinformed or that something has a problems. sinse Formula D is here on this site to correct any mis info and alot of people did not like Formula D, obviously they need to work on some things. Formula D can either stay their current course at the expense of the non FD involved enthusist or attempt to change. Either way will not stop us from stating our opinions.

Comment

I'm gonna agree with Ris on this one. I dont think Formula D did anything wrong here. Its their event, their right to market it how they see fit. All the people that complain about it are just that ... complaining. Step #1 - If you dont like it, then dont get involved. Step #2 If you feel so strongly against it then start your own drifting league. Otherwise, enjoy the show.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                    usually when people have a problem with something they are either misinformed or that something has a problems. sinse Formula D is here on this site to correct any mis info and alot of people did not like Formula D, obviously they need to work on some things. Formula D can either stay their current course at the expense of the non FD involved enthusist or attempt to change. Either way will not stop us from stating our opinions.
                    exactly WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ?

they are getting sponsors to throw lots of money at the sports an dmaking it grow?

seriously. threads like this make me glad i didnt have the internet when i was in high school and didnt know how things worked.

Comment

exactly WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ?

they are getting sponsors to throw lots of money at the sports an dmaking it grow?

seriously. threads like this make me glad i didnt have the internet when i was in high school and didnt know how things worked.

lol....do you get in the middle of every argument on this website? You better come out on Sunday punk.

Oh yeah, let me keep this post on topic:

Formula Drift > *

Comment

All drifting is , is a way to pass time. This famous guy once said "You spend most of your life waiting to win, all the other time you pass drinking wine and making love". The way I see it, drifting is just a distraction from those other things. Anything that has drifting is fine with me. If people want to go and try to make it underground/nopi thing, well w/e, they made the series, its theyre money let them spend it how they like. Now this doesnt mean im going to keep my mouth shut. Sure FD was kinda what you said yarzan, but than again, everyone has a problem with every single type of motorsport. The people that like JGTC or Drifting say that NASCAR is for rednecks, the guys that like NASCAR say that everything else is some import 4banger garbage, the guys that got 4bangers and rice say that all the other cars are garbage, the european guys are like "lets make love while i drive my expensive 1,000,000,000 car ".

People all have diffrent opinions and thats great! Opinions are what keep forums like this alive, but when people start judging other peoples judgments without being judged themselves, well than its wrong. FD is fine if you wanna see drifting and thats pretty much it.

Comment

also if your post didnt make you sound dumb enough...

why all this hate for the people who brought drifting to your door? :shakes head:
                          first of all the didnt really bring drifting to my door... drift association did that with their drift days (since i live in socal).

how did my post make me sound dumb though? i still dont get it, i tried to ask a question...

yes i will agree that it was a HUGE leap for drifting in the states, but it also partially misrepresented it...

Comment

Originally posted by ALI
                            lol....do you get in the middle of every argument on this website? You better come out on Sunday punk.

Oh yeah, let me keep this post on topic:

Formula Drift > *
                            only the ones i find so stupid they are funny.

and i will see you sunday, im hoping it doesnt rain though.

Comment

APOLOGY

APOLOGY COMING UP

I JUST NOTICED i left something huge out of my post, for that i am terribly sorry, I left out the some of the good that FD did...

fact:

-without FD DA wouldt be sponsored by falken

-without FD Gushi wouldnt be driving for Ford

so there it is, i am sorry that i forgot positive aspects of FD, i reread my first post, and relised it was hostile towrds FD and put it in only a negative light.

in my firs post i shouldnt have used the word lifestyle as describing the tuner thing, i should have used the word prejudice

Comment

Working...
                              X