No announcement yet.

Mopar Retires VIPER From Formula D Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not a viper clean and simple in my opinion, and i think the fd ppl never really strictly enforced the rules. they were more go with the flow thing. hence, this is why i like d1 more. its a lot harder for the pros to win

Comment

Well if thats the case then I'm wrong. Those 4 rules were brought up in an older thread all about the CTC and FD. I was under the impression that those were the only rules for the first season as far as choosing a car. If the rulebook was more technical then that then I'm probably wrong. Sorry for making a scene. I've always been against Dodge using the CTC, but I thought it was legal so I accepted it. It sounded lame for people to be calling the CTC unfair. I still dont think it was unfair, just a little tasteless in one way or another. For me its not about the chassis/suspension (which of course is what makes it an advantage) it was more about the car not being street legal in the USA. I like the idea of this sport involving modified street cars. I think it should be kept that way. I would have been much happier with a modified street Viper.

Speaking of SteveO, I was reading some magazine (forgot the name) with a sick turbo G35 with nice flames on the cover. Inside they had an article on the D1 Drivers Search. In one of the captions it insinuated that SteveO was the same guy from the MTV show Jackass. I couldnt believe that crap. Those guys need to do their homework.

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
        im tired of arguing with people who have no clue what was going on .

hodoo i dont know who you are, and i doubt you actually have possesion of , or much less have read a rulebook for FD.

sheeeeezus ris4drift. yes i do have possesion of a formulad rulebook. and underneath the rules that talks about "eligible vehicles" it says:

A) Any 2 or 4 door coupe, sedan or sports car.
        B) Must be a production car with a minimum build run of 250 units
        C) Must maintain original unibody or frame
        D) Vehicles that do not meet the above criteria must be approved by the series.

That is straight from the rulebook. Believe what you want....you're in your own little world and anything that challenges what you "know" must be wrong, in your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by drz
          Sam's new car was on display at SEMA:

Pretty sharp, IMO
          what's the wheel base on this thing? I'm thinking it might be pretty hard to drift this thing like a mr2 or something probably would snap back really fast....

Comment

I really do not see the point of arguing. So I'll back off here.

I just wish Mopar and Samuel Hubinette a great season. From this years performance, there won't be a doubt that they'll be strong contendors.
            Last edited by Craftsman; 11-16-2004, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoukiS14
              what's the wheel base on this thing? I'm thinking it might be pretty hard to drift this thing like a mr2 or something probably would snap back really fast....
              wow lets hope sam never goes up agains nomuken. WTF no windsheild

Comment

Originally posted by hondoo
                sheeeeezus ris4drift. yes i do have possesion of a formulad rulebook. and underneath the rules that talks about "eligible vehicles" it says:

A) Any 2 or 4 door coupe, sedan or sports car.
                B) Must be a production car with a minimum build run of 250 units
                C) Must maintain original unibody or frame
                D) Vehicles that do not meet the above criteria must be approved by the series.

That is straight from the rulebook. Believe what you want....you're in your own little world and anything that challenges what you "know" must be wrong, in your opinion.
                according to your theory those are the only 4 rules, which the viper meets 3/4 or 4/4 depending on your perspective as to the tube frame modifications.

again, i posted some stuff for you to look up if you have arulebook, which you obviously dont. and if proven wrong i have no problem admitting that. but when the e-drifter cr00 on here tries to argue facts it just gets annoying. i give up on you. anyoen that has a clue as to what actually went on knows the facts. and repeatedly posting the facts over and over is getting annoying.

Comment

those are the rules according to the section in the rulebook discussing "eligible vehicles."

The Viper Comp Coupe maintains "original frame" from the production Viper.

There is no argument. Happy e-drifting!

Comment

its truly sad you keep arguing thinking those 4 rules are all there is in the entire rule book. again like i said, anyone who knows the facts knows why the viper was BANNED, and why it was never rulebook legal, and why there was a drivers meeting before the season where the drivers allowed sam to compete.

youd think after i posted facts 5 times youd get it. but then again this is america, and this is drifting.com , where people argue about a civic having a rear axle.

Comment

Ris4Drift= omniscient one.

so sorry i argue with your infallible being. all bow.

haha, jp!

Comment

Working...
                      X