ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Judging kill the sport of competitive drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Judging kill the sport of competitive drifting?

The judging just seems to be all over the place. And I hear its super political. If that's the case, the integrity of the sport could be in jeopardy.

what needs to happen to the judging criteria in order for it to become more objective? what do you think?

Re: Will Judging kill the sport of competitive drifting?

Originally posted by hondoo
    The judging just seems to be all over the place. And I hear its super political. If that's the case, the integrity of the sport could be in jeopardy.

what needs to happen to the judging criteria in order for it to become more objective? what do you think?
    There's also a wow factor more than politics... When the crowd cheers for a car, the judges kinda have to listen...

Comment

Its a democracy.

Comment

judging should be done by the drivers. They should watch video runs of every other drivers run at the end of the race and judge on a sheet. They will not be allowed to judge thier own runs. then the marks are tallied and the best scores win.

Comment

THe problem with the fans' "Wow" thing is alot of times they don't know SH!T about how drifting should be judged. Line? entry? Technique? Nah... smoke, car type, and company stickers make the "crwod" go nuts.

Its like having a blind person judge a beauty contest. WTF.

Comment

Originally posted by _PG_
            THe problem with the fans' "Wow" thing is alot of times they don't know SH!T about how drifting should be judged. Line? entry? Technique? Nah... smoke, car type, and company stickers make the "crwod" go nuts.

Its like having a blind person judge a beauty contest. WTF.
            Maybe I'm overestimating the spectators, but usually the better the line, the sweeter the drift looks. Anyone who likes drifting can appreciate a huge angle and a nice smoothe arc that sets up perfectly for the next corner.

B-Wurm

Comment

I dont really think we can question the need for judges since thats how they do the professional level of the sport in Japan (and they created the sport). If you dont like the judging then the easy solution is not to get involved with the professional level of the sport. I drift all the time when there's no judges, only other drifters. Just as much fun if not more.

Comment

I think FD may be doing it the right way if they get more judges. I feel the more judges are up there, the less politics get involved.
                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                    I dont really think we can question the need for judges since thats how they do the professional level of the sport in Japan (and they created the sport). If you dont like the judging then the easy solution is not to get involved with the professional level of the sport. I drift all the time when there's no judges, only other drifters. Just as much fun if not more.
                    Im not talking about me personally. im talking about the integrity of the sport.

just because thats the way they do it in Japan, doesnt mean there arent politics that happen over there too. politics shouldnt be involved with judging a competition.

i think alex has a good suggestion. the more judges, the more of a likelihood of a fair and balanced judging decision.

Comment

ummm. well i'm really tired so i don't know what you mean by getting politics involved. I'm assuming you might be talking about voting for a certain person because of their sponsors or something like that. Well umm,, judges are necessary in drifting to actually have it be a sport, without judges everything would just be an exhibition because it's not based on time or any set rules, mostly you have to eye a run to see how good it is, which is the judges job. This is the reason they use actual drivers who are retired or not running to do the judging.

I don't think that having drivers judge the other peoples runs would work because someone would complain about it becoming a popularity contest more than likely and it just wouldn't be quick enough IMHO, because between rounds would have to be as long as the round and the teams would also need the time like they have now to work on cars. Just a few random opinions from a tired kid.

- peace

Comment

i agree with PG......really i wouldnt like to be a judge....

Comment

Personally, i would consider it another step up. It would make it a "real" competition, if professional judges were used.

Like some people said above, the fact that the fans, of the majority, don't know sh*t except what looks pretty. Also, with driver judging there's the whole ego/biased-ness aspect on that.

And they're wouldn't be any more "politics" in it than there is now. So I believe it would be a good thing to further our sport.

Comment

Working...
                          X