G4's EA NFS2 Special: Tonight at 11:30p E / 8:30p PST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G4's EA NFS2 Special: Tonight at 11:30p E / 8:30p PST

The G4's NFS special is on tonight. There is also an interview with Verena and pics of the event on the website:

G4's NFS Special

There are interviews with Tarzan, Daijiro, Alex, Chris Forsberg and JR.

There are not full runs and event style coverage as this is a 30 minutes special about the game and the party. The show is 1/2 drifting (including talking to drifters about the game), 1/3 the game and the rest is brooke burke and snoop sprinkled in.

This is NOT how G4 will cover Formula D events, but i think it shows they like drifting and drifters quite a bit.

I personally like the interview with Daijiro the best, but I like Dai a lot.

I'm curious what you all think of it.

Re: G4's EA NFS2 Special: Tonight at 11:30p E / 8:30p PST

Originally posted by G4tv

This is NOT how G4 will cover Formula D events, but i think it shows they like drifting and drifters quite a bit.
    are you with g4?

Comment

yes I am

Comment

I dunno man brooke burke and snoop have nothing to do with racing or drifting. Why are they in it? The first installment of NFS had the worst videogame physics I've seen and the fact that its being released so close to the release date of GT4 is compelling. From the way I see it, the possibility of this being anything more than big money publicity stunt is slim.

Not to diss you because you're just doing your job and theres nothing wrong with that but why does it have to be so hollywoodish? Its streetracing not redcarpets, champainge, liposuctions, silicon and coke. Just from your discription it seems a bit FnF'ish to me.

What is it about drifting that captivates the mainstream? Folks weren't exactly jumpin through the roof about imports so whats the deal?
        Last edited by nightracer; 11-14-2004, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the rude response but I say what I think. I'll watch it tonight and let you know what my impression was.

Comment

Originally posted by nightracer
            I dunno man brooke burke and snoop have nothing to do with racing or drifting. Why are they in it? The first installment of NFS had the worst videogame physics I've seen and the fact that its being released so close to the release date of GT4 is compelling. From the way I see it, the possibility of this being anything more than big money publicity stunt is slim.

Who said Drifting is about brooke burke or snoop. This guy is clearly just letting you know about there show that will have a little bit of drifting coverage.

The physics in the game are not meant to be super real. Comparing NFSU to GT4 is apples to oranges. I work at a rental store and I always tell people can't wait for GT4 and blah blah blah, and they all say they hate it. GT4 is too realistic for some. Soem people just want to pick up a controller go nuts, not worry about lines, entry, braking, just tear up the course hit a few things and do things they can;t do in there car.

GT4 just does amazingly well because its fun to play against freinds b/c the graphics are amazing, and the amount of car is great.

Comment

I believe Brooke Burke is in the game and Snoop has a song in it. Makes sense. I'll watch it, thanks for letting us know. Who are you by the way? I watch g4/techtv alot. Anybody I might recognize or one of the off camera support type guys?

Comment

You (G4tv) wouldn't happen to be host on any of the shows on that channel would you? Or are just some rep guy no one really knows about?

Comment

I didn't know you can race an SUV. that's funny.

FOLKS! remember when you buy this game, it's just a game! this does not apply to the real life mmmmmkay?
                  Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 11-14-2004, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Promo exceeds my expectations.

Game could use less rice. But I haven't played it much.
                    Last edited by nightracer; 11-14-2004, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Thought it was better then spike since they got into what drifting actually is. But my interview could have been longer!!!!
                      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                        Thought it was better then spike since they got into what drifting actually is. But my interview could have been longer!!!!
                        lol you should write a book, you have some interesting/funny stories to tell.

Comment

glad you liked it Alex. Next time we'll get more time with you.

Or are just some rep guy no one really knows about?
                          sorry that made me laugh

I'm not on camera, I have been in the past, but not in a while. I'm not really a background support guy either. The drifting guys know me, as do the Formula D guys. I'm the one that's always around . I'm friends with Dai and Jerry (Pacific Rim) and my name is Josh. Oh, and I was at SEMA with the formula D guys

Comment

It was ok

Comment

hey... what channel was this interview on? i guess i missed it but maybe i can catch a replay of it on tv some other time. any help? thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X