Ziptie help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ziptie help!

I need a little ziptie help I had a little incident with a wall at the last event, nothing major it just tore of my front bumper. I have it on now with some creative zipties but want it to be more clean so I was going to drill some holes in the bumper and fenders and was just wondering if anyone had any pics or ideas, do you ziptie it up somewhere in the front or just on the sides. Any ziptie coaching would be great I have seen some that look very clean and with no gap and then others that hang low on the zipties I want to get it up there nice and clean since I am sure I will rip it off again and dont want to have the body shop fix it for me to wreck it again.

this is a joke right?

Comment

No, zippies are very useful in the world of drifting.

Comment

Originally posted by CounterLock
        No, zippies are very useful in the world of drifting.

im talking about asking for helop in the application of zipties.

if you cant figre a ziptie out on your own your freaking helpless.

Comment

what is this world coming too? zipties are a fashion statement or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Roman

if you cant figre a ziptie out on your own your freaking helpless.
            true story.

Comment

Manhandle it. Punch holes. Ziptie em together. Stop talking about it like its cool. While you're at it, get some clear tape and tape up your lights.

Comment

Zip ties are used as a temporary solution, they aren't meant to be a permanent fix. You can make the zip ties look "pretty" if you just sat down and thought about the best areas to tie body panels together, instead of randomly punching holes and tying stuff up.

Next thing we know...people are going to start color coordinating zip ties w/ their paint scheme and decals.

Comment

as much as i agree with you on that statement, the pink zipties i found were just too cool to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                    as much as i agree with you on that statement, the pink zipties i found were just too cool to pass up.
                    I'll trade you two blue ones for two pink ones.

Comment

did you say pink?

hey man, i was using pink zip tie to hold my front bumper
                      at the ea need speed event (^^

and they worked great!!!

hiro

Comment

lol, have you seen the pink duct tape?

btw, someone at sema stole yoru shiftknob.

Comment

the bumper is already ziptied up I was more asking for a permanent solution like maybe quick releases or does anyone just run zipties all the time? Maybe I will just pull it off and fix the mounts with some re-glass around the mounts, just looking for suggestions on something clean that I can live with that doesnt cost too much since I am sure the next cone or off track will mess it up again anyway since it is so low. thx

Comment

hey DomLee where in redondo r u in?

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood
                              the bumper is already ziptied up I was more asking for a permanent solution like maybe quick releases or does anyone just run zipties all the time? Maybe I will just pull it off and fix the mounts with some re-glass around the mounts, just looking for suggestions on something clean that I can live with that doesnt cost too much since I am sure the next cone or off track will mess it up again anyway since it is so low. thx
                              try and get some zues fastenrs, tehy are sturdy enough to hold onto the bumper, but if it falls off again you can just re fasten it. just my suggestion though

Comment

Working...
                              X