What Do I Do?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do I Do?!?!?!

I just sold me sparco seats and bought a pair of recaro seats from this guy online! he claims he have no pictures of the seats and told me he would garrentee they are BRAND NEW, and he put that down on paypal as well, so i bought the seats, but when it arrived, i realize that its a KNOCK OFF!!! i bought them for 800$!!! i dont know what to do! i e-mail him and told him he sold me knock-off's and he said "i never said they were authentic in the first place! i have never mentioned anywhere on my post that they are authentic, it is your responsibility to ask 1st, i said they are brand new, and they are, so my part is done"

i dont know what i can do now. do you guys have any advice? can i call the cops on him?? can i sue him?? can i do anything to get my money back?
    Last edited by oceanblue_1128; 11-18-2004, 01:34 AM.

look in to paypal and if they can do anyting, but dame he got you.

Why would you trust him, some online person even worse no pics.

Comment

technically if he didnt say they were recaro and you didnt ask you=scrood.

Comment

think of it this way. Even though they're knockoffs, they're still probably decently made if they're going to try to mimic recaro. ALSO you bought a PAIR for 800? and you thought they were real? AND brand new? please. ONE recaro entry level seat is around a grand.

Comment

he SAID they were recaro, but he didnt say they were authentic!!! all he said was they were a pair of recaro seats on paypal i just realized that he didnt even put what model! so basically he did say they were recaro seats, but he didnt mention they were authentic in anyway, and this guy lives in toronto.. i live in cali, i dont know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanblue_1128
            he SAID they were recaro, but he didnt say they were authentic!!! all he said was they were a pair of recaro seats on paypal i just realized that he didnt even put what model! so basically he did say they were recaro seats, but he didnt mention they were authentic in anyway, and this guy lives in toronto.. i live in cali, i dont know what to do.
            Well - you answered your own question here.

You say the seller told you on e-mail/phone ththey were RECARO´s... - thats the answer man.. why should he say that they were "copys" ?

If he said they were RECARO´s - then thats what he should be held responsible for - right ?

Comment

the seats does say they are sparcos, they look like sparcos, but then again, he never said they were authentic anywhere

Comment

i looked on ebay, and alot of the copy seats dont SAY they are copy seats in the descriptions....

Comment

if he said they were recaros, and they arent, he lied and you can sue him for false advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanblue_1128
                    the seats does say they are sparcos, they look like sparcos, but then again, he never said they were authentic anywhere
                    How did we go from Recaros to Sparcos???

Comment

ahhh i mean recaro

Comment

you are S.O.L. for getting him in trouble in canada

Sue him in canada? Call the police in Canada? It's an international sale, nothing you can do to enforce anything wiht another countries law.

maybe call your cc company tell them you were decieved and recieved a fraud item from Canada. Your credit card will reimburse you. CC's have a built in fraud protection. tell him you want to return the items for a compromised refund, or you will contact the cc to issue a chargeback.
                        Last edited by swifty949; 11-22-2004, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Actually you are not S.O.L.. You can take your money back through paypal. People do it all the time. If he said they were Recaros and they are not then that is fraud and you can pull your money back, but only in 30 days after the purchase. So check into Paypal rules and regulations. You can put the link to the auction so that everyone can make an informed decision on any info they give you if you like. If it says Recaro and they aren't, that violates one of the main rules of Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                            Actually you are not S.O.L.. You can take your money back through paypal. People do it all the time. If he said they were Recaros and they are not then that is fraud and you can pull your money back, but only in 30 days after the purchase. So check into Paypal rules and regulations. You can put the link to the auction so that everyone can make an informed decision on any info they give you if you like. If it says Recaro and they aren't, that violates one of the main rules of Ebay.
                            Ghost is right, contact paypal they are very helpful and deal with these sort of things regularly.

Comment

If he said they were Recaro seats, and theyre not; then you do the simple thing and sue his *Censored**Censored**Censored* for A) your money back B) a pair of authentic recaro seats.

Its called false advertisment. If the ad says theyre recaro seats he has to sell authentic recaro seats. Doesnt matter if he never said they were authentic, using the name "Recaro" alone means they have ot be authentic by law. Unless he said like "recaro style" or "recaro like".

Basicly find him and sue him, bring the ad and a reciept. Weather or not he never -sa-d they were authentic doesnt matter, if he says theyre recaro then he must legally be selling recaro seats.

Comment

Working...
                              X