Ask JR from DRIFT ALLIANCE Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigged??!!??!!

OK, JR you said it all.... An American driver with an American car literally DOMINATED their own sport!!! Enough time has been wasted on tools like this........

Rock ok Buddy you are my F**U**C**K**I**N**G hero!!!

I gotta get the Stang back and build a steel stage on top since this won't be the last time you try to cave in the roof of our car!!! Formula D '06 here we come!

Comment

• Yo Jr!

it's your cousin man. i don't hear from you in like 4 years and now you're a god damn rockstar. ya still couldn't touch me in the straights. haha. get at me. xxxno2ndchancexxx@yahoo.com
      hope you, your pops, and everybody else have a good xmas sucka.

-Jay

Comment

• lol! this is why big people shouldnt celebrate

JR you have has alot of cars sideways in your career. What was your favorite and why. Dont gimme none of that "LIKE OMG the falken mustang roxxors my boxxors sponsor talk" I wanna know what car holds a special place in your chest.

Comment

• Originally posted by kouki-kun
          lol! this is why big people shouldnt celebrate

JR you have has alot of cars sideways in your career. What was your favorite and why. Dont gimme none of that "LIKE OMG the falken mustang roxxors my boxxors sponsor talk" I wanna know what car holds a special place in your chest.
          My favorite car I have ever driven is a toss up between My mustang and Ben Swartz's S14. They are both amazing cars and super fun to drive. His car was so light and the sequential tranny was amazing too!

the car that holds a special place in my chest would have to be my S13 the one that i started drifting in. I still have it and it is on its 3rd paint scheme. Yes this is the same "Falken 240sx" i competed in in 2004 and it became a Demo car for 2005. Now it is hom ein the grage and serves as a street\practice car. I have alot of Blood sweat and good memories in that car and it will leave my possesion only when it is totaled!

Have fun Man !
          www.driftalliance.com
          TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• hey JR , go pick up a copy of autoweek for jan 2 2006, youve got nearly 1/2 a page in the motorsport section about you pwning japan at d1gp, congrats its like the 1st drifting pic/article/mention ive seen over a square inch in there.

its got a dodge challenger concept on the cover, which btw is hawt, and yeah i was bored reading it to go to sleep then it was like holy crap theres jr, yay for drifting so i figured id post and let you know before i fell asleep and forgot about it.

Comment

• Rigged?

I think JR. has a good point on that. Maybe its just people dont want to except the fact that drifting is a skill. Some are better then others. Some learn faster then others. You have your good days and your bad days. Also they may not want to except that fact that an American beat them at their own sport. Thats my 2 cents...

I take it Koguchi wasnt at this event?

Anyways, Thank you JR. For putting America on the map. I also think we are about equal to the Japanese by now. Even though I love the Japanese style. Ross Petty has it. Very few Americans have it.

Good Luck in 2006 JR.

- Rich

Comment

• From personal experience I can squash the rumor. No Japanese company that prides itself as much as D1 does on their elite driver's skill would ever willfully carry out some intricate plot of subversion to "place" a US/foreign(to Japan) driver on the podium...however the meager $5000 dollar 1st place purse was a bit suspect. Hehehe. Naw, I was standing close enough to see the fine print on the cars and JR was consistent throughout every single run that he had with amazing speed, excellent angle even into the start of the bank, and aggressive power. He gave the best of the best a little taste of good ol' American cookin and you want to fault him for his talent, tell him good job and aspire yourselves to reach the level to where one day you too can say one more time my f#ckin a$$.

Comment

• Wtf

^^^ he's exactly right, no ones gonna "throw a game" for anyhting ,especially when japan has much more discipline and unwillingness to sell out like us americans do, hehe. Seriously, saying that the D1 vs. FD event was rigged actually is quite s disrespective statement towards the japanese drivers.... you know what it came to be,,, is that fact that JR simply outdrove him...

i just love how people hate so much, like ,nitekids, man, your a cool guy and htats good and all, but to say it was rigged? please elaborate more on why you think, or the "inside info" that you got? and if you're tellign the truth, i'll believe you, but i need good proof.

congrats JR

Comment

• Wish I could have seen it happen.

Comment

• god you drama queens are funny.
                      This what happened, JR the All American Cowboy showed up with Six Guns and blew everyone out of the water.
                      Period End Of Story.

Comment

• Hey J.R., what's going on?

This is Erick from FullOpp. First of all, that ride I got with you is still stuck on my mind. It was amazing to see how well you could control a car that you had just jumped in, not to mention the way I saw you drive Rob's s14 (R.I.P.), which he already purchased a new shell and FullOpp/SFLDrifters already collected over $200 in donations for the guy to help pay it off.

Given that Florida's drift scene is still at it's early stages, I'm just wondering what were your impressions on the Orlando event in comparison to other states. Did you feel that the event was well organized? Any hints in comparing FL's drifters with the average drifter around the US? Any tips maybe? Most importantly, would you be willing to come back down for another event sometime. It was awsome to have you there with us.

Thanks,
                        Erick (FullOpp Drift Team)

Comment

• Probably an off the wall question....but would it be possible for you to post a dyno sheet of your Mustang? I realize that it produces somewhere in the 700hp range, but I was hoping to find a more precise number.

thanks in advance.

Comment

• Hey JR! Gratz on the D1 win! Will you going to be at any East coast events this year? Oh yeah what suspension you running now on your S13?

Comment

• Hey JR,
                              Exactly which way do you plan on crashing at Ebisu

Comment

• what japanese events are you planning to compete in

Comment

Working...
                                X