• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get'er done.

Comment

• Re: JR's new ride!?

Originally posted by 110octane
      Saw this car at a shop in Aliso Viejo called Xtreme Mustang Performance!

One bad BI@TCH!
      i a so banging JR in this car, hard............. ooppss that came out wrong. that thing looks wicked awsome. i need some chowda now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Barker
        Seriously Buddy, I love the crap out of you. You are a good time, and a great dude.

2005 = Best Year Ever
        when and where is the next par TA?

Comment

• Any new pics J.R.? I gotta see more?

Comment

• JR who do i talk to about getting Falken rims and tires at a great prices? I want to get a set of the Falken Explicit joints in chrome. Any ideas? and why the hell are all of their ris in FWD offset when they sponsor such a big drift team which use all rwd cars with exception to one car?

Comment

• I dont have any new pics at the moment. As soon as the car gets back from Tokyo Auto Salon I will get some fresh pics up to show the progress. The lightning of the car and cage are making amazing progress...It was so fun ripping a new car apart..........

Later,

JR
              www.driftalliance.com
              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• JR,

No offense intended, but Please, Please, PLEASE tear the wing off the stanger, i'm begging you bro
                That 05 would look so much more badass w/out it, especially sportin' those white 5stars The car looks hard either way, i'm just wondering if wings are that functional or a waste of weight...

Do those wings really help with aerodynamics that much, or are they more for looks?

L8r
                Last edited by OH240SE; 01-14-2005, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• The wing is off as I type it was taken off the first day of gutting the car. it is absolutely not my style and I do not believe they are functional for drifting.Although that wing is less then 3 LBS Its not my style and its gone. If you have seen my 240 you can tell small sleek wings are my style......

Later,

JR
                  www.driftalliance.com
                  TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• I see you got a nice little avatar pic now. You've stepped it up a notch buddy. Good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Barker
                      I see you got a nice little avatar pic now. You've stepped it up a notch buddy. Good work.
                      its ok adam, your still sexier....... but seriously, adam get a pic of you with the mask on from new years eve. BONG!

Comment

• j.r. what is drifting in your mind, and has it gone too main stream? thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by j.r.
                          The wing is off as I type it was taken off the first day of gutting the car. it is absolutely not my style and I do not believe they are functional for drifting.Although that wing is less then 3 LBS Its not my style and its gone. If you have seen my 240 you can tell small sleek wings are my style......

Later,

JR
                          awesome, i feel the exactley the same way about the wings.

I loved the body spoiler on the 240, was that a custom job?

L8r

Comment

• I loved the body spoiler on the 240, was that a custom job?
                            ^^^^Bomex Aero wing.

Greetings from Tokyo buddy. Its not the same without you here! DA's Tokyo trip is gonna be nuts.....you guys are gonna die when you see the potential terrain for you to drift the $hit out of! All I gotta say is I pity those rental cars.

Comment

• Luckyass dudes...
                              I'm jealous, its not fair! lol

BTW:
                              thanx 110octane, i'm trying to figure out a way to customize the stock spoiler on my '91 2Feezie. The damn thing sits too high, and doesn't stick off the assend enough
                              Already had the whole thing off, but then i gotta re-route wires, fill holes, buff, prime and paint if its gonna stand up to the rust. I'm lazy when it comes to body work.

Here's a ? for ya JR,

have u ever seriously considered a turboKA??
                              "its the latest thing" jj

i'm too broke to afford a swap anyway...but it seems like plenty of people out there are trading back their SRs for the KAs they swapped out. High revs feel great, but the KA just doesn't seem to like the 6-7k range... Does it really matter where the needle is on the tac, if ur making enough torque and power?

L8r

Comment

• Hope you having fun In Japan.....I sooo wish I went....
                                Btw I drove The "Kenney Brown" mustang we saw at irwindale at a US drift event this past weekend. I was impressed It felt really really good and I cannot wait to have mine done. sooo while your out there stop by Falken and ask them to expedite the 05 getting home so we can finish it up and I can jump in that thing...since I cant get to anyone by phone to tell them about the weekend....

Turbo KA....

Turbo KA's are great they are full of torque and if you get the right size turbo have a great power band...The problem is reliability...Most ka's are old and tired and bone stock they cannot handle more than 5-7 psi of boost which will get you like maybe 240hp....which is still good and will work great with suspension and a diff however I dont know how much cheaper it really is. you need a turbo 5-1000, injectors 400, custom manifold 3-700, engine management 3-500, you can get sr's now for between 1700 and 2200.... So when you put it up against the money I would say SR is the way to go $$ wise....

Now a built KA turboed is amazing you have amazing torque and a really easy fun car to drive.....

To answer your question yes reving is important but if you have low end torque my opinion is that evens out the need to rev to 7500-8k...

Hope that helps,

JR
                                www.driftalliance.com
                                TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Working...
                                X