Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORMULA D Team & Sponsor Costs Saving Program

FORMULA DRIFT ANNOUNCES TEAM AND SPONSOR COSTS SAVING PROGRAM

Irvine, California - Formula Drift, Inc. today announces another proactive program to assist in costs savings for drivers, teams, sponsors, and media who support Formula Drift. Formula Drift understands that in order to promote and maintain the life of the sport of drifting that proper growth and proper support must be made available.

First, Formula Drift has finalized a hotel lodging deal with Marriott International Inc. Marriott International, Inc., is a leading worldwide hospitality company. Today, Marriott International has nearly 2,800 lodging properties located in the United States and 69 other countries and territories. Marriott will be providing Formula Drift drivers, teams, sponsors and media with discounted lodging at all Marriott properties in every region at each Formula Drift competitions.

Second, Formula Drift has also finalized a rental car deal with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Enterprise is the largest rental car company in the world and has more than 5,000 locations in North America. Formula Drift drivers, teams, sponsors and media will receive special discounted rates at all Enterprise locations.

“We are excited about these new programs because every dollar counts,” comments Jim Liaw of Formula Drift, Inc. “This shows how proactive the Formula Drift team is in finding ways to help cut costs of everyone involved in the (Formula Drift) Championship.”

Formula Drift, Inc. is North America’s first and only professional drifting championship, and the first in the world to be sanctioned and recognized by a motor sports body, SCCA Pro Racing. The 2005 championship will be comprised of six official rounds at locations across North America. Formula Drift is the only drifting competition that will have dedicated television programming as a result of the partnership with G4techTV.

For Formula Drift drivers, teams, sponsors and media interested in these programs please contact your Formula Drift representative.

Sweet

Comment

The press release only talks about lodging and car rental. While I'm merely an observer...and am basing my opinions solely on the press release...I think Formula Drift Inc. should do a simple survey of the drivers/teams, sponsors, media, etc....to isolate the main "costs" that they incur during the season. Then, Formula Drift can work on deals which are more focused towards the needs of the community.

The deals on Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Marriot Hotel are good (despite the fact that they don't mention how much cost savings they can expect to receive)...but it would be better if they talked directly to those involved to see what their costs are...and where Formula Drift can help to reduce costs.

Lodging is good...but I've heard of people sleeping in their own cars/trailers or even at a friend's place. Car rental...theoretically...sounds good...but not everyone runs around town in a rental car.

Just my $.02.

Comment

Im down to save money in any way possible. If i'm going to out of state and my car is being transported, i will need a rental car , and hotel room. I'll take any and all discounts as i need to make my season costs lower. It didnt have to be done, but its cool that there is something to fall back on if its needed.

Just need to get some cheap flight tickets cross country. Oh and discount food, i dont want to hit up costco every trip for $1.50 hot dogs and soda.

Comment

DOM LEE at least it is a start so lets thank them for makeing a dent in the pocket for all envolved

Comment

Come on guys, FD is working every hard to accomodate the teams/drivers/media... A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF THEM!

It's important to have a destinated hotel when we travel... It's a pain for find out which hotel is close to the track by yourself if you don't know the area well... Moreover, it's better that all the teams can stay together.
            Hubert Young
            KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by motdyn_s14
              Come on guys, FD is working every hard to accomodate the teams/drivers/media... A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF THEM!

It's important to have a destinated hotel when we travel... It's a pain for find out which hotel is close to the track by yourself if you don't know the area well... Moreover, it's better that all the teams can stay together.
              So you guys can plot on how to destroy the hotel? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFD
                hahaha... just FYI, I was not involved in the last year incident.
                Hubert Young
                KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFD
                  did you get us discounts on rentalcar insurance as well?

Comment

Thanks FD, this is going to help us out a lot this year now that we are a 2 car team. There are always costs arising here and there and being able to save a buck here and there helps to make up for it. I think Drift Alliance needs their own hotel though...hahahahahaha!

Comment

Ya, thanks for the feedback guys. This just came about right now. I know there are more and different costs involved and we are working on that too. Doing the best we can. At least you can say that we'll have major TV exposure and that definitely helps sell sponsors.

Comment

Yall are doing awesome, every little bit helps

Comment

Nice that will help! Now they just need a hook up on plane tickets and car transport service.

Comment

Originally posted by assout
                            Nice that will help! Now they just need a hook up on plane tickets and car transport service.
                            They do have good rates for car transport service....compared to other transportation services. Towing a car yourself may run cheaper to some locations.
                            Last edited by swifty949; 12-02-2004, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
                              They do have good rates for car transport service....compared to other transportation services. Towing a car yourself may run cheaper to some locations.
                              Which transport service is that?

Comment

Working...
                              X