No announcement yet.

D1GP Rigged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Job Chris!!! wow time has passed us by so quick and look at the skill level of all the drivers! yeah represent!
    Congrats to Kumakubo! and All the US drivers who did their best!
    you guys kick!

Comment

regardless of the outcome, and the cold, I thought it was an amazing evening, even though some of us feel Rhys should have moved on, I have also heard complaints about the qualifying all in all though it was great, the final battle though was still a sight to see. I have much respect for everybody that was out there, they all did an amazing job, and with some factory backed cars coming out next year, and more drift teams entering, I am already looking forward to the start of next season.

Comment

Originally posted by GoukiS14
        ....and I doubt Tsuchiya was doing the one more time to get the FD to win........ I actually heard that people were saying one more time because Rhys looked like he was going to lose.... (walked away during that time)
        Yes this is true. Alex Pfeiffer, Andy Yen, and I had run down to the stands to watch the end of the event after we were knocked out. When we saw Rhys first runs. We felt like he was going to lose. So the three of us started screaming one more time and getting the chant going to try to get Rhys another shot. and get an american to the finals. But Rhys didnt move on because his car had much more potential then he was driving it at, and Tsuchiya knew that. He wasnt running all the angle his car was capable of and his entry wasnt as dramatic as Immamura's.
        www.chrisforsberg.com
        www.driftalliance.com
        www.nosdrift.com
        www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

AMERICAN DRIFTING = POWER NO TECHNIQUE

JAPANESE DRIFTING = TECHNIQUE AND POWER!!

in my opinion from all the videos ive seen and from what Ive read about and from what Ive heard from ppl either attending schools or having seen american cars live, american drivers tend to just go with brute strength and hp ( good old fashion american thinking cant go around it ill go through it ) where as alot of the japanese drivers use more of the car than the hp. Even up here ppl that want to learn how to drift just want to throw RB motors in thier cars and just go off high hp to get the car sideways, none want to learn any techniques none want to try and learn anything. I have a 240, I drifted all the time with a KA for about 2 years, all gaskets where blown leaked oil like nothign else and corrollas pulled on me!!! I learned in that car fine,i upgraded the motor to a CA, no not an sr20 , I am not ready for that kinda hp yet. I am not going to list suspension but its built LOL I want to learn more techniques and learn more in the way of finesse and skill to get the car sideways and hold it. ONCE again this is just my opinion. Should get some of the hong kong drifters over here...hehe fools are crazy! yes i said hong kong.Aight well sorry for the rambling kids!!!
          Last edited by Drifterlunchb0x; 12-21-2004, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Drifterlunchb0x,
            So you just said that all of us USA drivers suck? Thank you for showing me the light, i should go back to drifting a stock ka 240 so i can be as good as hong kong drifters. Yet you have never seen us drive in person. Why did you even add that post is beyond me.
            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
              AMERICAN DRIFTING = POWER NO TECHNIQUE

JAPANESE DRIFTING = TECHNIQUE AND POWER!!
              And you saw them drive?

Look man. It was amazing to see Chris Forsberg kick "pro" Japanese drivers' asses. I didn't think it was possible while I was watching before the practice sessions either. But when you watched the Japaese practice, they were doing almost as bad. More consistant yes, but they weren't doing too hot either. They were sucking just as bad.

The American drivers didn't have as much speed, but if you looked at the Japanese drivers who entered with tons of speed, they were using race drifting techniques (small slip angles) and not what we're refering to as drifting. And I actually have video to prove this.

It was quite amazing to see Chris, Ernie, Andy, Rhys, Calvin, Alex, etc. (sorry if I didn't mention your name) to qualify and do quite well. What you also have to realize is that they got shafted when it came to practice time also. If you talk to the drivers they'll say "they're more than welcome to practice with us," but in reality the Japanese drivers got extra practice time exclusively to themselves plus they got to drive with the American drivers on a few occasions.

Comment

in my opinion from all the videos ive seen and from what Ive read about and from what Ive heard from ppl either attending schools or having seen american cars live, american drivers tend to just go with brute strength and hp ( good old fashion american thinking cant go around it ill go through it )
                Man this is the best thing i've read in a while. So you've never actually seen American cars drifting live, you've only read about them, listened to other people and watched videos. So....um......why are you even commenting in here about a live event? You werent even there so how can you talk about it being rigged. Maybe you should go to www.Iheardaboutdrifting.com and lay some of your wisdom down there. Let the grown-ups eat at the big table.

Comment

the setup at d1 looked really intense, really fast and tight, not alot of room for error. i think the track at irwindale looked more fun, but i guess d1 track was goo dbecause it pushed the drivers.
                  rhys and chris were destroying

Comment

Interesting thread hehe...

But I do agree with some on one thing. The Americans do rely on power more than they do technique right now. Perhaps in the future they will over come that with proper techique.

With high speed courses like that, power doesn't matter any more its throwing and catching your momentum properly. Unfortunately the American drivers don't have that down yet.

The courses set up here in the US like in DDs or anything that isn't on a built track, are built for power sliding. They always have a point were power will over come technique. Unfortunately powersliding is only a small piece of drifting, momentum is the core of it.

Comment

I thought that course was very interesting. It was a very very fast track but small and "cute" (for lack of better words) At first when I saw it I was like "wtf do they think that lowly of us?" But after seeing how fast and technical it was I realized that it was made to be like that. Although that wierd bump at the beginning seemed to be messing people up.... Chris,Alex? Did you guys have problems w/ that. (Sorry can't remember past 2 days) You guys ran great though from what I can remember

Comment

That track was definately faster and more technical/difficult than irwindale. The entry speed was literally 100mph. And the bump was right at the transition. If you noticed almost anyone that spun, did so right after the bump.
                        www.chrisforsberg.com
                        www.driftalliance.com
                        www.nosdrift.com
                        www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

Not all American drivers rely on power.

-alex

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                            The FD3S advancing over the GTO is complete bull crap in my opinion. The GTO did spin out in the first run, but he passed the end of the judged course when he did that. In fact, Rhys entered slower, but he cought up to the FD by the third turn.
                            Craftsman, I don't know if you know this but the judging was only for the 1st 2 turns (where the white cones are). So the third was does not count for judging, only the 2 turns.

Now I have a question for Alex and the rest of the FD drivers. Now I saw both demo run on Saturday and the US vs JPN on sunday.

My question is:
                            How come there was a lot of...(I don't want to say it but...) "F* up" on the demo run on Saturday?
                            There was a lot of spin outs and a massive understeer. Now im not saying its only you guys, I even saw TARZAN with his Viper F* up big time too. A theory of my was tire selection, was this the case?

2nd, how come the "feint" technique was not being used as much in the first turn (this on both demo run on Saturday and US vs JPN on sunday)? I notice a lot on the D1 drivers use it on the first turn, it's too quick to see it but they'll shake their cars (a really quick feint, almost unrecongnizable) to intiate their drifts while the US drivers either rely on the "clutch kick" and the e-brake. Probably the only person I notice that was doing this was Gushi, Ken.

Can any of the US drivers clarify this? or am I just "trippin"?

Also, "hats off" to all of the US drivers for throwing a good battle against the D1 drivers.

Comment

Craftsman, I don't know if you know this but the judging was only for the 1st 2 turns (where the white cones are). So the third was does not count for judging, only the 2 turns.
                              Nope not true. All 3 turns were judged. Rhys spun on turn 3 (complete lost of momentum), that was offset by Imamura's spin on the subsequent run.

This was how Ken Maeda lost his run. His last corner was kinda so-so.

-alex

Comment

Originally posted by mav1178
                                Nope not true. All 3 turns were judged. Rhys spun on turn 3 (complete lost of momentum), that was offset by Imamura's spin on the subsequent run.

This was how Ken Maeda lost his run. His last corner was kinda so-so.

-alex
                                That doesn't make any sense. Toshie (sp?) clearly stated that the judging was only on the 2 white cones. The first one was the high speed and the switch back, after that was nothing but orange cones.

im confused.

Comment

Working...
                                X