Electric car. . . that beats Ferraris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric car. . . that beats Ferraris

I was just watching the Screen Savers on Tech TV and they showed an electric car being made by some relatively small company. I came up on it in the middle of it so I wasn't so interested at first, but then they showed a video of it beating the crap out of a Ferrari 355 convertible in the quarter mile. I'm not sure about how it handles but it's still pretty impressive that an electric street car could do that. I'm pretty sure they'd have all the details on the show notes on www.techtv.com . Wouldn't suck to be out-drifted by an electric car?

They have INSTANT torque. Could be a good platform. Still 10 years down the line.

Comment

Yeah. They comented on the fact that the car has a pretty flat torque cuve. The company says it plans on modifying Scions in the near future. But i doubt more good electric cars are that far down the road considering the kind of improvements made on technology all the time. Who knows? Electric cars in the JGTC? That would be wierd.

Comment

the tq. on those things is always available. if its all electric, the engine put out some maximum number (i remember seeing something like 280 on a production one) at all revs. i would bet on hydrogen cars over them though. hydrogen is the new way to go, but isnt perfect yet.

Comment

Working...
        X