Southern California Gymkhana Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern California Gymkhana Idea

I'm planning to lease a plot of land strictly for gymkhana and autocrossing purposes. I'd like to have at least one or two driving layouts and a seperate area for drifters to bash. I plan on getting some sponsors to also host events there, and there would also be bi-weekly time attack events for those hardcore racers and included will be a prize as well. There will be some neccessary items on your car before entry onto the gymkhana, and just like D-Day, but strictly for the purpose of gymkhana. Maybe a drift track on the side. The rules will be pretty similar to those of d-day and there will be a spectator section. As of now, I'm still deciding on the price per daily session, maybe access to one section is 100.00 or access to two sections in a daily session would be 175.00 but it's still a consideration. But this money doesnt just go to me, it goes to paying the plot of land, the cost of materials including cones, and other miscellaneous items. It wouldn't be too profitable, but this is just for the fun of drifting as well as gymkhana. I want your opinion
    A great chance it might happen, and a great idea, I totally support this.
    100.00%
    I don't support this. (Please write why)
    0.00%

k i was just brainstormin this last night as well; I think the most cost efficient way to go about this is to rent a pre-existing paved area, i.e. Rose Bowl parking lot (i have seen cars tested in one of the lots all the time, crossfires and the whole toyota lineup). But we could rent it out for two saturdays a month or so, maybe more often. Entry fees would be much cheaper this way, closer to the $20 side of the spectrum. For a gymkhana track to survive it MUST be cheaper than drifting. thats important. That means no rollcage is neccesary, just as long as nothing in falling apart or going to break your car is ok. "run what ya brung" policy for that. The only thing that a driver would need is a up-to-code helmet. and make them sign a waiver. And you can have infinite courses, the reason gymkhana uses cones is so that you can change it up, and most importantly, move it from place to place. even with the same cone config. you can run the course multiple ways, i.e. 360 left around this con and enter the next turn from the right instead of vice versa. and a drift track is not neccesary, it uses too much space and you already have to slide around alot in a regular gymkhana course.

Comment

A nice thought however without MAJOR money support it will not happen. Most large lots for this type of activity are required to have a $1,000,000 /day covrage which relates to money on hand each day of $25,000... But non the less would be quite fun.

Comment

the rose bowl lot couldnt be that expensive, the police use it for setting up motorcycle courses, and everyone knows the 5-0 are the stingiest people on the planet. anyone who would sit behind a hendge next to a stop sign just to get money from people rolling through a stop sign wouldnt spend a million dollars a day just to ride a motorcycle, ya know? and we could just do it without telling anyone, i mean, who would stop us?? people set up RC car race courses all the time and no one clears them out.

Comment

Good call jblood

Comment

It would not surprise me that they would require you to have at least a million dollar insurance policy. It would be stupid not to (look at what happened at NOPI this year). best way to do it, would be to a large organization like the SCCA or NASA back you up with their insurance.

Comment

Just another suggestiong, what about Dodger Stadium?

Comment

ya that would work. hollywood, what happened at NOPI? if we could get backed by a big organization thad be great, but i bet its a long shot

Comment

at nopi a car crashed through the barrier and fence and put a few people in the hospitol. nothing against the driver, he is a good driver. but no doubt there is a law suit going on

Comment

Jblood, if you decide to do this, I'll be able to rack up some sponsors from All Wheel Junkies, several mod shops and etc. Email me at t0m0rr0w27@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X