No announcement yet.

Question for the pros.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad basically taught me from the get go. I got very good quickly, but reached a plateau. Then I crashed a car, and realized how much farther I could take it by learning differnet limits, and learning the size of the car.

You can get excellent and not crash a car, but at some point you have to realize that by putting yourself in a dangerous situation in a car sliding sideways at a high speed, you will eventually mess up, and suffer the consequences of doing so.

If Dan Guerney crashed alot at first, maybe he was starting in too tight of an area, or at too high of a speed.

baby steps.

Comment

Originally posted by MATT BACK VASS
      My dad basically taught me from the get go. I got very good quickly, but reached a plateau. Then I crashed a car, and realized how much farther I could take it by learning differnet limits, and learning the size of the car.

You can get excellent and not crash a car, but at some point you have to realize that by putting yourself in a dangerous situation in a car sliding sideways at a high speed, you will eventually mess up, and suffer the consequences of doing so.

If Dan Guerney crashed alot at first, maybe he was starting in too tight of an area, or at too high of a speed.

baby steps.
      exactly. baby steps. i've never totalled a car and its been over 4 years.

Comment

I always like to say... when in doubt GO FASTER!

Comment

I know I am going to crash with my new setup on my S14. But maybe not. its under the works right now. Has been under for 3 months, so hopefully drifting is like riding a bike. A few spin outs and I will be back in shape. (knocks on wood)

Comment

Working...
          X