2005 Usa D1 Ikaten Series??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by driftfox
    "Ikaten" is short for "Ikasu hashiriya tengoku" which roughy means "Cool looking driving heaven"
    ikasu=to revive doesn't it? and hashirya is racer.....tengoku=heaven
    i think its more like reviving racer heaven when you directly translate it....but his sounds good enough ha

Comment

DrifterN, there are several meanings of the word "ikasu". I think you are thinking of 生かす, this is いかす. They are different. In this usage it means "cool".
      You are dead on with "hashiriya". That is the guy who goes into the mountains to race cars or races on the streets, generally not on the track. So it can be interpreted as also "cool driver heaven" as well, but I felt it was better translated as "cool driving heaven" or cool looking driving heaven". Either way, as long as I get to participate in one I am ok if it is translated as "Revived driver looking cool in heaven"
      Last edited by driftfox; 01-06-2005, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by driftfox
        DrifterN, there are several meanings of the word "ikasu". I think you are thinking of 生かす, this is いかす. They are different. In this usage it means "cool".
        You are dead on with "hashiriya". That is the guy who goes into the mountains to race cars or races on the streets, generally not on the track. So it can be interpreted as also "cool driver heaven" as well, but I felt it was better translated as "cool driving heaven" or cool looking driving heaven". Either way, as long as I get to participate in one I am ok if it is translated as "Revived driver looking cool in heaven"
        right on! I would assume there could've been more meanings for "ikasu" but the only one i was i familar with was "to revive" thats why i put "ikasu= to revive doesn't it??" because I wasn't sure.....oh haha looks like a learned something new.
        "cool driver heaven" works too haha well hope you get to participate.
        it would kick

Comment

Working...
        X