• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a Hachi with a CA18?
    Attached Files

Comment

hard to see, but here she is!!!

Comment

Ummm Yea, I think that was an S2000 engine.............which I THINK is called an F20C.

Comment

HAHAHAHAH, yeah thats an S2000 engine.

Comment

Yea, there's a 1JZ powered AE86. Check in last month's Superstreet.

Comment

theres also a hachiroku with a altezza engine too ^_^ its in one of my opt vids i got on my com.

Comment

AHHH Yes, the 3S-GTE. Also the MR2 engine. That is a very interesting swap. I does anyone have pics of this?

Comment

Quick questions:
                  what years mr2 does the 4agze come in?

about how difficult is it to swap in?

any custom fabrication?

Comment

why would u say bs to a b16 swap. proly used an s2000 tranny, custom mounts. not out of the question if u ask me-------some of us have spent 40 hrs doin a rb25 swap into 240's ( forget shops) the simple body and layout of a ae86 would lend itself to smart people messn. how about this? theres a company in england that made a 2.6 liter v8 out of 2 hyaboosa engines. it makes 380 hp and takes up very little space. that would be sweat

Comment

F20C swap is pretty much all custom, uses an S2000 gearbox, reckoned to cost around $15000.
                      1/2JZ swaps I've seen once or twice, I'm pretty sure you'd need to cut through the firewall, and I don't think there's room in the engine bay for an intercooler etc, it has to be external. Again costly and mostly custom work.
                      3S-GE BEAMS swaps from a SXE10 Altezza are apparently not incredibly hard, an Altezza gearbox just fits in the transmission tunnel, but you have to cut the rear of the sump to clear the crossmember. Still takes a bit of custom work, and 'Tez 3S engines cost a fortune and are road-illegal in the USA.
                      3-rotor is entirely custom work, don't know many specifics but 20Bs alone are very expensive.
                      SR20 swaps again are mainly custom fabricated, TBH pretty much every engine that isn't a Toyota A-block needs a lot of custom work.

To the easier swaps:
                      4A-GZE from an AW11 MR2, pretty much a bolt-in, there's also the option of building a replica 4A-GZTE for tons of twincharged power (~350bhp).
                      4A-GE 20-valve from an AE101/111: AE101 engines require a custom intake to hold the AFM, both engines need either a hole punched in the firewall to clear the distributor, or you can use an AW11 unit, but this requires a new ECU (20v ECU can't use the AW11 distributor, and the AW11 ECU can't run the four extra valves). Miscellaneous water tubes need to be re-routed too as there's not space round the back of the motor for them.
                      7A-FE from the likes of a USDM AT200 Celica ST, should fit in with similar work to a 20v 4A-GE.

If I remember any other swaps I've seen I'll say.

BTW, B16 swaps are complete BS, there is no RWD tranny that would bolt up to a B16, and for the amount of work needed to create custom adaptor plates plus the mounts, wiring looms, etc etc you'd be much better off to just supercharge your 4A, or even do a 7M-GTE swap, never heard of one done but it'd still be easier than a B16. Plus, who wants to say 'lol i have a civic engine in my 86'? :P The F20C from the S2000 on the other hand has been done, as I said above.

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
                        Quick questions:
                        what years mr2 does the 4agze come in?

about how difficult is it to swap in?

any custom fabrication?
                        i think its the 85ish year. the swaps probably not that difficult because a lto of people do that one

Comment

Originally posted by pez2k

BTW, B16 swaps are complete BS, there is no RWD tranny that would bolt up to a B16, and for the amount of work needed to create custom adaptor plates plus the mounts, wiring looms, etc etc
                          Not to thread jack (or what ever you call it) but what motor/tranny did those people use to make the RWD integra? I dont know, but maybe there is a tranny that bolts up to the Bseries motor?

Comment

Originally posted by DriftingNewbie
                            Not to thread jack (or what ever you call it) but what motor/tranny did those people use to make the RWD integra? I dont know, but maybe there is a tranny that bolts up to the Bseries motor?
                            i think it came from the honda crv.

back on topic..........does it matter if it is a SR5 or gt-s for the 4agze swap? or it doesn't matter?

Comment

The RWD Integra indeed used an early CR-V drivetrain, which was designed for a B20. It's really an AWD tranny rather than a RWD one, but yes it could be used for RWD if you leave the front driveshafts out, my mistake. You'd still have the problems of getting a transverse engine in a Trueno though. :P

There was actually a factory AWD Integra ~1995, it used the 80bhp engine and fragile tranny from the ancient AWD Civic wagon, apparently things start to break with as little as 90bhp, so no B18 swaps there. The newer CR-Vs use the EP/EU Civic engine, although in a 2.4 litre K24 format (a good swap into a Civic with an Integra head). It's feasible to make a new Integra/RSX into an AWD using the same methods as the AWD DC2, but I haven't heard of any yet.

For the SR5 Corolla, yes you can still fit any A-series engine in easily, it runs a 4AC stock. I think you may need one or two small engine bay pieces from a GTS when swapping, but nothing expensive, I'd say maybe $500 total max.

Comment

how about a hachi wit a 20b????

http://www.vosko.net/media/rotary/3%20Rotor%20AE86.asf
                                rite click + save as... please

Comment

Working...
                                X