• Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey..you spell sponser AS SPONSOR NOT SPONSER

Comment

who cares im not in english class.

Comment

LoL!! try again Chas .......

I dont model for cars, carshows or for any import companies. I'm not an 'Import Model'.

I have WELL over 100K in cars in my garage, all built by me. Ive more than paid my dues in the scene.
        Last edited by DriftGirl; 12-24-2003, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I guess an EZ way to get sponsored would be going thru a shop that sells the type of stuff you need. 9 out of 10 times its a 'partial' but if you just need a bit of 'help' with your project this type of deal works great (20%-40% back is pretty darn cool )

Comment

20-40% back on $100K's worth of cars? sorry, why do you even need sponsors?

Sponsors are for the people that have talent, determination and cant do it on thier own as they dont have platinum cards.

I put every effort into my own car, i dont pay anyone to work on it and i have to work my *Censored**Censored**Censored* off to keep it running/maintained and imporove it. I back myself, my car would cost around $10,000 dollars and thats all i got. $100K sorry, thats a joke.

Comment

I dont NEED anything....

I dont get a percentage back. I said that its a good deal for those that need help from a shop. Local biz is a great source for parts and support when you need it.

You do not have a true understanding on what it is and what it takes to be a sponsored car. You obviously have questions but this type of post will not get the answers you're seeking.

I dont understand your 'Joke' comment

I'm part of a family that supports one another in more than financial ways. If you think its all about 'Free stuff' then you have much to learn.

I dont want this post to get to complicated or turn into a Flame war....Im tired and its Xmas

We all seem to be hard working folks around here
              Last edited by DriftGirl; 12-24-2003, 08:31 PM.

Comment

No, i understand that sponsorship is fudamentally based in marketing. Its about getting your products in the lime light. I totally understand what it takes to get sponsored, so dont get me wrong. Any moron can walk into a store and buy at "trade" though. I'm a loyal person, if i ask someone about sponsorship its because i know and use thier products and use/reccomend them. I would NOT use crappy products for the sake of "free stuff"

My joke comment was meaning that it appears as though you do not need sponsorship (as you have enough cash) which makes the idea of you getting "free stuff" a bit of a joke.

Im not flaming, Its just very frustrating that as a driver in the UK, I do not get support from companys here. Its the same in all British motorsport. Unless you are born into those circles then you have a cold chance in hell of getting any sort of decent backing, bar F1 and WRC. I am not D1 pro standard, but i am not dreaming either, i know what i am capable of. Its a very difficult thing to get into here.

Comment

yeah, Location is key with their marketing efforts as well as you and your car

Even if it takes a while to get what you need, Theres always that satisfaction of 'gettin it done' on your own.....It's priceless

Dont sweat it, Just keep doin your thing

( D_G )

Comment

yeah for sure. If you want something bad enough then you will get it. Me, i wanna go pro D1

Thanks DG!

Comment

I am pushing myself and get myself out to events far away.

You make a good point about "need vs want".

I don't think many people take that into account.

My automobile was budgeted for everything out of pocket. If I trade a advertisement for a discounted part it is great and helpful in the long run.

I would like to pull a tire sponsor but I don't see that happening for another 2 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTone

Sponsors are for the people that have talent, determination and cant do it on thier own as they dont have platinum cards.
                        Ha ha. Tell that to Mike Schumacher....

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_Kudou
                          Ha ha. Tell that to Mike Schumacher....
                          There are so many sponsered cars and the drivers dont even know what apexing a corner and countersteer. Its such a joke.

Comment

I'll say it again! Drifting.Com, where people dont speak good englishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                              There are so many sponsered cars and the drivers dont even know what apexing a corner and countersteer. Its such a joke.
                              I dont think companies are lending their names and products to people that dont know what they're doing. ..wouldnt make much sense

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
                                I dont think companies are lending their names and products to people that dont know what they're doing. ..wouldnt make much sense
                                There would be no return for their investment.

Comment

Working...
                                X