1986 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Grand Marquis

Well, I have been informed by my brother that we can get a 1986 Mercury Grand Marquis from his autoshop teacher for free. All it needs to run is spark plug wires, costing about $50. I know this is a very dull car to most of you, and it is a very boring car to me too. However, a running Grand Marquis can fetch about $500 around here, which could fund a project car. Any suggestions?

umm... fix it up and sell it... buy a tight car...

Comment

Well, it's not in bad shape, all it needs are the spark plug wires. What car could I get for $500?

Comment

S13, A beat up AE86... thats about it... FC...maybe

Comment

I'd be afraid of an FC that's only $500, but I'd definitely want an S13 or an AE86, if I could find one for that much.

Comment

there is a bunch of cars you can get for cheap, S12, MX73, 510, 2002, 240. ya, maybe not the best condiition, but its 500 bucks ya kno

Comment

Drift the Grand Marquis yo.

BTW, The Grand Marquis was our very first car when we moved
              to Canada in '89.

We bought it for $500, ran for a few months and then it crapped
              out on us.

Comment

S12 is a car I could definitely get for $500, never thought of that. 510's are rare around here, and if you can find one it's usually already been converted to a racer and thus too expensive. 2002's are pretty much the same deal, except there is one we saw at a junkyard about 3 miles from the CA/Mexico border that we could get for cheap, but I don't know if we could ever get it to run. 240SX's are actually not too common here, and they aren't cheap enough. I could definitely look around, though.

I actually thought of trying to drift the Grand Marquis. I'm sure it has crap tires right now, plus it's RWD. If I could find a parking lot big enough to fit that thing it might be kinda fun. I think I would rather drive something a little more "sporty" though, and I've been wanting a project car to work on until I can drive.

Comment

HAHAHAHAAHA. Are you serious. If this forum is going to succumb to rice crap and dumb I want to fix this up or make this a drift car threads, things will go down hill quick. i've already seen a bunch of " I want to drift my nissan harbody" style threads. Plese people sell your junk, including FF cars, and buy something decent. Anyone can find an SR5 laying around in a junk yard somewhere looking for some love or a slightly rusty S13 for like 300 bux. Burn the grand marquis and call it a day. See you guys in like 2 moths when ricers and drift talkers overrun this forum. BTW, yes I do drift, and yes I own an RPS13, so I'm not some poser flaming people. G'day.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadblockTDX
                    HAHAHAHAAHA. Are you serious. If this forum is going to succumb to rice crap and dumb I want to fix this up or make this a drift car threads, things will go down hill quick. i've already seen a bunch of " I want to drift my nissan harbody" style threads. Plese people sell your junk, including FF cars, and buy something decent. Anyone can find an SR5 laying around in a junk yard somewhere looking for some love or a slightly rusty S13 for like 300 bux. Burn the grand marquis and call it a day. See you guys in like 2 moths when ricers and drift talkers overrun this forum. BTW, yes I do drift, and yes I own an RPS13, so I'm not some poser flaming people. G'day.

you know what else you are? A FU(KING ASSHOLE... atleast the guy came on this forum to ask what he should do. FF's can drift, and if you think they cant... some can kick your RPS13's a$$ on a touge... great if your such a good drifter then go and help some people out and contribute insted of hate... JERK...

Comment

It's a simple question, I'm just asking for people's opinions on what I should do with the money from selling it or their alternative approach. What you're trying to do isn't helping to answer the question I asked.

Comment

Thank you panda.

Comment

For 500? Not to many choices. Id say look for an AE86 or S13

Comment

Yeah, I guess I'll just go to a local junkyard and look at my options.

Comment

Working...
                            X