No announcement yet.

Should TRUCKS be allowed to drift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Frame Chassis comments - a frame chassis is not very strong torsionally (meaning they twist easily). The body helps give it strength. Put a carbon fiber body on a stock frame, and you will probably end up with a lot of splintered carbon fiber. Unibody cars are much better torsionally (stiffer) and that is one of the main reasons so many cars are unibody (240sx or camaro). Frame cars are at a DISadvantage.

As far as weights go, have a weight classing not a 'truck' class.

james

Comment

• IMHO you oughta be able to run whatever you want as long as it's streetable and not totally blown out of proportion to what the street-verision was (like a Nascar or JGTC car). If you've got the money/talent to slide a heavy, understeering truck, more power to ya.

As far as those guys who think it should only be Japanese cars, American motorsports like dragging and Nascar have completely opened up to Japanese cars, so there's no legitimate reason why drifting should excuse American cars.....unless they can't handle a good old-fashioned big-inch smackdown.

One thing I thing I think would help the little guys is to have a couple of different classes: one with bolt on parts(only parts that you can actually buy, no custom fab), and another with unlimited mods as long as it's streetable. That way the entry-level guys can have a chance to be in the limelight as opposed to getting eliminated early and not getting exposed to any potential teams or sponsors. Then you could have run-offs between the 2 classes. Alot of people don't like that idea, but there just seems to be something wrong about a stripped-down, acid-dipped GTO competing against a home-built Elcamino with bolt on parts, or a near-stock S13 going against a full-on RX7.

Either way I don't think it should come to a point where we have Nascars, JGTC's, or GTS's trying to drift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsunami
        IMHO you oughta be able to run whatever you want as long as it's streetable and not totally blown out of proportion to what the street-verision was (like a Nascar or JGTC car). If you've got the money/talent to slide a heavy, understeering truck, more power to ya.

As far as those guys who think it should only be Japanese cars, American motorsports like dragging and Nascar have completely opened up to Japanese cars, so there's no legitimate reason why drifting should excuse American cars.....unless they can't handle a good old-fashioned big-inch smackdown.

One thing I thing I think would help the little guys is to have a couple of different classes: one with bolt on parts(only parts that you can actually buy, no custom fab), and another with unlimited mods as long as it's streetable. That way the entry-level guys can have a chance to be in the limelight as opposed to getting eliminated early and not getting exposed to any potential teams or sponsors. Then you could have run-offs between the 2 classes. Alot of people don't like that idea, but there just seems to be something wrong about a stripped-down, acid-dipped GTO competing against a home-built Elcamino with bolt on parts, or a near-stock S13 going against a full-on RX7.

Either way I don't think it should come to a point where we have Nascars, JGTC's, or GTS's trying to drift.

dunno if you heard of this series called formula d, but a off the shelf suspension peiced ae86 with a junkyard turbo kit drifted against a full blown racecar comp coupe viper a couple times.... this ratty el camino drove against this Z that was pretty racecar as well..

Comment

Working...
        X