ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Drift Cars: What do you want to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i definitely wanna see more German iron out there, i know Dado drifts his m3....
    and you definitly don't wanna mess with those old British sports cars...believe me, they drive like trucks and need mechanical attention 24/7

Comment

they still need to be lower

Comment

Originally posted by zerodrifter
        i'd like to see more truck drifting. the new Toyota Tacoma would be sweet.
        Christian Rado was supposed to be drifting one of those in one of the drift leagues.

Anyone know what happened with that?

Comment

i wanna see a fb or another soarer, or maybe even a bmr

Comment

toyota 2000GT with the formula atlantic 4AG would be purdy

i would settle for a 1984 hyundai stellar though (lmao nobody has ever seen a stellar)

Comment

i wana see a mr2 come out

Comment

i saw an old stellar set up for drift in a magazine a while back, all i can remember about it was it was black, and had gold work equips.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
                  wow you know you just contradicted yourself right, jza70 pickup conversion with a c33 laurel front ? do you want jza70 front or c33 laurel, make up your mindd weeny.

i wanna see more mk4s drifting, ive always been into supras adn id love to learn mor eabout the jasper one, any jasper supra people on here, lets see some stats
                  It's always great to see people who are so intrested in our Supra! Reguarding the specs, are you looking for a 'roll call' on the car or more into the detail side of power and suspension setups? thanks!

Comment

Who said old Brit sports cars drive like trucks? I happen to own a 1970 MGB GT and even with 35 year old bushings she's as nimble as a dancer, not to mention the shift linkage is the most direct and positive you could ask for.

And, by the way, it's not constant repair, it's constant maintenance (just like any worthy performance vehicle). My Layla (her nickname), sat for 18 years under a tarp until she was donated to a local charity auto lot. She has some body rot (Ohio winters) but I paid $450 for her, Dad and I sprayed a little ether down her gullet, hooked up the battery charger, pushed in the choke, and she fired up and drove off the lot.

She's been sideways quite a few times in her life with me (going on five years this August) and has received the following repairs and modifications:

- new manifold gasket
                    - new Bosch starter
                    - rebuilt Weber 32/36 DGV two barrel downdraft carburetor and intake manifold (worth a good 20hp)
                    - used ANSA 3 into 2 into 1 header (another 5hp when coupled with the ANSA stainless exhaust that was already on the car)
                    - shaved copper head gasket ( -0.005, a .25 to 1 gain in compression ratio worth another 2hp in MGB's, classic MG tuner trick)

Currently she's off the road getting her old Lucas electrical redone with fresh stuff to correct a few glitches (not getting enough volts to the starter) plus new sheetmetal is going to be on the way including floorboards, driver's side sill and castle rail, driver's side jacking points, and later on new front fenders and centre lock Minilite wheels with bead lock rims

(classic MGB wire wheels don't have beads to seal the tire to the rim, and instead use inner tubes. After two nightmarish experiences with getting new tires for Layla, plus having seen a friend break the wire wheels off his Dad's MG Midget, I'd decided Layla won't be drifting much at all until she gets Minilites)

She's my pride and joy, and I'm hoping that by next year she'll be ready to attend Joliet as a competitive drifting machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon
                      Who said old Brit sports cars drive like trucks? I happen to own a 1970 MGB GT and even with 35 year old bushings she's as nimble as a dancer, not to mention the shift linkage is the most direct and positive you could ask for.

And, by the way, it's not constant repair, it's constant maintenance (just like any worthy performance vehicle). My Layla (her nickname), sat for 18 years under a tarp until she was donated to a local charity auto lot. She has some body rot (Ohio winters) but I paid $450 for her, Dad and I sprayed a little ether down her gullet, hooked up the battery charger, pushed in the choke, and she fired up and drove off the lot.

She's been sideways quite a few times in her life with me (going on five years this August) and has received the following repairs and modifications:

She's my pride and joy, and I'm hoping that by next year she'll be ready to attend Joliet as a competitive drifting machine.
                      i own a 1979 mgb and they are no drift car stock. I have seen them lowered and done up nice, but i am still a lil skeptic about getting them sideways. i have done it on snow, but the car just down't have to power. If you where serious about drifting it, look into a v6 conversion for it. I'm putting a 3.2 liter chevy in mine form our old 4wins boat. just my opion.

I wouldn't drift it. where do you get a LSD for those anyway?
                      Last edited by zerodrifter; 01-24-2005, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LexmarkX73
                        toyota 2000GT with the formula atlantic 4AG would be purdy

i would settle for a 1984 hyundai stellar though (lmao nobody has ever seen a stellar)
                        uh engine swap into a 2000gt?? yeauh right, you'd be burned at the stake. there are so few of them you wouldnt want to modify it in any way, its a peice of history, let alone drift it....

and i've seen the stellar! not a bad little machine if you ask me. that would be unique too...

Comment

Originally posted by DustThis
                          It's always great to see people who are so intrested in our Supra! Reguarding the specs, are you looking for a 'roll call' on the car or more into the detail side of power and suspension setups? thanks!
                          i would like um all 3 hahaha. i wanan know as much about your car as possible ive always had a thing for the jasper performance supra

Comment

eh, my mom's '61 MG Midget drives like poo...but to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon
                              I'd settle for just less 240SX's. Honestly though, what I'd most like to see is a 1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am, black with the gold "Blackbird" striping package and gold "snowflake" lace wheels, sporting a three foot tall CB radio antenna and driven by a goofy guy in a cowboy hat with a mustache.

Honestly, think of the marketability!
                              That made this entire forum go round..Love the Bandit.

Comment

Limited Slip Diff? Easy, Quaiffe makes them for both types of rear axles (tube or banjo) on MGB's and you can get them from www.propermg.com

Drifting an MGB is really not too far of a stretch from an AE86. You have low power (though my 70 makes a fair sight more than a 79 thanks to the 79's loads of smog equipment, plus its raised ride height and softer springs) and a solid rear axle.

However, there's a few things on the MG's side.

#1 is light weight. The hardtop MkII (that's 1967 to 1974) MGB GT's weigh in stock at 2190lb's while the roadsters featherweight the scales at 2,030lbs.

#2 is tunability. The MGB aftermarket is huge and still very much alive. Weber carbs, Peco or ANSA exhausts, Moss superchargers, Kent cams, Koni and Spax tube shock conversions, Fidanza flywheels, and the list goes on and on. Without much effort or expenditure, you can build your 95hp MGB into a 150hp barnstormer on the stock internals. And that's a lot of power for such a little package.

And, if it's not enough, the Rover 3.5/4.0L aluminum V8 is a bolt in factory swap and Lanocha Racing sells crate engines.

#3 is numbers. When all was said and done in 1980, 513,772 MGB's and GT's had been sold. Add to that 9,000 MGC's (MGB's with the Austin Healey 3.0L straight six), 2951 MGB GTV8's, (factory Rover V8 powered MGB GT's), and another 2,000 of the 1992-1995 4.0L Rover V8 powered MG RV8 and you have a well loved car that you can find ANYWHERE.

So, instead of combing the classifieds for a battered Corolla or watching 240SX prices spiral out of control, consider the MGB as your next drift project and experience the Abingdon Touch first hand. They're magnificent little cars that, in the hands of a capable pilot, love to be tossed around.

Comment

Working...
                                X