ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Drift Cars: What do you want to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, i forgot about those gt's, ive always liked the way they looked.
    Here in Richmond there is a shop with about 6 hardtop coupes just sitting outside, waiting for some attention.

Comment

I'm half Peruvian! Thats spanish for those of you who don't know. And speak fluent spanish.
      Ernie Fixmer
      Formula Drift/VR Motoring/Robinson Helicopter
      Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

what about the whole suspention settup on mgb's, they are a lil outdated. I looked into suspention parts in Victoria British and a few other mags and they really don't have and good settup for drifting. I guess if you did have the money you can do anything, i'd just want to start with a car that already has more parts avalible to the sport.

Comment

ha ha check this out from an old post i was reading. This is a sr20det in an mgb. wow. photoshop or real deal?
          Attached Files

Comment

School Bus

Comment

My dad has an MGB but the lack of power steering and the weak sauce breaks make it more suited for a tight low speed track. They are indeed a part of history but belong more in nostalgic races filled with other older British sports cars. Plus while you guys pointed out alot of engine swaps ect i cant image instaling a new engine, new transmition (my dads a four speed), New seats, roll cage, suspention tires ( stock are awsome but very thin) ect ect is going to be a cheap process. Lastly they are awsomly light but also i dont know if this would make it a good car to be cruising around the streets at high speed, one crash with a suv and your teeth would be 30 feet from your head. I thinks its a cool car but it would be to much work and to unsafe to make it a real drift car id stick to japanese or cheap domestic for your first one.

anyway back to the orgional post

i would love to see a sube out there. A 1999 style 2.5RS with an engine swap or hell any wrx converted to rwd would be very interesting. Their engines are light and high powerd plus have a low center of gravity. Jus would be interested in somthing different plus i love subes.

anybody know of anyone using one on the amature level?

Comment

I will admit, the Houdaille-type friction shocks original to MGB's are antiquated at best, and frighteningly ill-mannered at their worst. That's why Spax sells a great bolt-on conversion kit, front and rear, that removes the friction shocks and installs high-quality adjustable Spax gas shocks.

Spax Conversion Kits

Couple that with uprated springs (you can even use factory replacements as the GTV8 and RV8 both used stiffer front coils and rear leaves), The Proper MG's negative camber lower wishbone kit, and a 3/4in front sway bar and you'll have one hellacious little MG.

Now, total cost for all this as a one stop shop (which The Proper MG is).....

Spax conversion kit front - $529.95
                Spax conversion kit rear - $319.95
                2 Uprated rear springs - $169.50
                2 uprated front coils - $79.00
                Negative camber wishbone set - $79.50
                3/4in front sway bar kit - $64.50

Total cost to have a tight handling, easy to control, better drifting/driving MG than any Corolla you'll ever dream up - $1,242.40 in parts.

And to address the "weak sauce brakes" comment, I'll point this out. MG's are Brit cars. As Brit cars, their standard brake fluid is DOT4. Standard brake fluid in the states is DOT3. Most stateside MGB's, if they've ever had their brakes bled or had any significant brakework done, have unfortunately received DOT3 instead of DOT4 which leads to a mushy pedal, quick fade, and undue wear and tear on the factory Lockheed master cylinder. The Proper MG's bread and butter has been selling rebuilt examples of Lockheed AP master cylinders because so many MGB's have the DOT3 curse and require new master cylinders.

If you do have an MGB that was fortunate enough to have never received DOT3 in its lifetime and still are not impressed with the braking performance, your options range from simply going to the larger factory GTV8 brake pads on the front to slotted or drilled rotors (also from Proper MG) and stainless lines, and of course you can source bigger brake kits and rear disc conversions from other companies/suppliers.

Comment

Wow I never cosidered an Mg. Cool!

Comment

I'd just like to see more modern cars out there, I mean I love seeing a s15 go sideways. The majority of them are discontinued, like the silvias, hachi-rokus etc... The only cars I'm thinking off the top off my head that are newer models is the 350Z and the Viper. Wouldn't it be awesome to see The new Supra out there or the NSX or maybe even that Concept Volta from Toyota. Now that would be sweet!!!

Comment

My choice would have to be a 1970's Nissan GTR. But I highly doubt one would ever show up in America.

Its funny. Here in New Zealand only have the 'Imports' drifting.

Mostly Nissan Cefiro's, 180sx, S14's, S15's, AE86 and R32 Skylines.

Pretty common stuff in New Zealand.

Comment

all thier cars sit to high they need to be lower

Comment

id like to see a suzuki cappachino.

Comment

Definately want to see the new C6 Corvette getting sideways.

Comment

i'd like to see some funny little K cars or those little clown cars. I'd like to see smaller cars.

Comment

I definately want to se either of these. Lotus Elise and Caterham Roadsport SV (a kit of the Lotus Super Seven)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X