• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by datsun510dude
    my 69 510 wagon
    whaaaat That's dope.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
      whaaaat That's dope.
      yeah its a pretty fun car! I need a few things for it, but its got a L18 and a dogleg 5 speed in it. Real fun to get sideways, but I need suspension work to really make it a ride!

Comment

i think 510's are the ugliest buckets in the world...but thats my opinion.

as for drifting....everybody askes....if it's rwd, it's driftable....is it a good drift car? welll....that depends on the driver of it. If ur 17 and ur driving immamura's Apexi FC3s you won't do nearly as good as him. Why? cause he's a good driver...the car is awesome...so yeah...it's a good drift car, but the driver is what takes the car to a whole new level.

i use to get raggedon cause i wanted to drift a miata. But now i see miatas drifting everywhere. everyone told me it wasn't a good drift car because it was set up more for grip than anything. But look now, people are winning comps (droptop) and more and more people are getting better and better w/ miatas...

Ask questions...but honestly, don't let other's opinions influene ur final decision. Cause obviously, ur in this sport for the reason of impressing people and showing off rather than just havin a good time. Drifting is becoming more like every other sport....people hate on each other and nothing goes right....

i get called ricer all the time, hell the spoiler i have wasn't made for my car, so it's a little wider and since it's some sort of soft foam matieral it flaps in the wind like imm literally trying to fly. but i like how it looks. I got a big fugly hole in ym front bumper, but it serves the purpose of getting more air to my radiator, my headlights are held up in place by a few bolts and God knows how many zipties, my front end has ziptie "scars" and i have a homemade chassis bar...i'm the pinacle of a ricer....but i drift...not because i'm way cooler...but it's jus way funner(if that's a word) half the car's in japan are more boro than my car, but some people bow down before those cars. its retarded...i gave up on tryin to be cool...or whatever...do whatever the hell you want. Just have fun....

No motorsport is safe in america.....
        Last edited by Nemesis; 09-30-2004, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Wow, this subject died.

I figured I'd add a little update to the drifting-the-510-thing.

Well, I have the perfecto concoction-o for everybody!

Skinny tires in the back with a stiff rear suspension, and wide sticky tires up front. Adds a nice big amount of oversteer, and the smaller tires in the back have nil traction compared to what you'd normally run, which gives you more driftability.

Just.. don't do what I did, folks. I busted the bead off the passenger side rear tire. Kinda ditched my 510 some, but it's all good. Heh. Surprisingly enough, only a alternator bracket is the only thing that broke, and because of that, I am getting a new motor put in this weekend, I am moving up from an L16 (1.6L/1592cc) to an L20B (2.0L/1952cc) but I plan to swap on my high compression head and my 4-2-1 exhaust header and hope that'll increase the power after I rip apart the smog control BS and fine tune it (timing, etc.)

I plan to run 20W50 for those wondering, and my standard tires are all that'll go on it. Hehehe.

Peace out and everybody.... safe driving... I mean drifting.. just don't hit any pedestrians and drift the stop signs to ditch the cops. NOT!

Comment

you dont need skinny tires what you need is a subaru r160 lsd with royal purple and half a tube of gm additive that combo of fluids will make your inside tire drag on slow corners.(thats what i run) and a z car 5 speed also if you cant afford coil overs grab some thunder bird springs and camero shocks to stiffen up the back

if you see me side ways in a black and tan primered 4 door say was up

Comment

Working...
            X