No announcement yet.

Ask FORMULA D Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know what part of PA you looked at?
    Philly

Comment

So if you dont plan to hold any more drivers searches, how will up and comming drifters make it to your series? Is everyone else now locked out because they didnt participate when your series first started up?

Comment

So if you dont plan to hold any more drivers searches, how will up and comming drifters make it to your series? Is everyone else now locked out because they didnt participate when your series first started up?
        At this point in the development of the series it is open to anypone who wants to drift in a competition. If you called me up tomorrow and said, "sign me up for the 2005 opener in ATL" then I would. When we reach a point where we need to separate certian drivers from other (we are getting close to this point) then we will hold driver searches or ladder events for FD. Unfortunatel we don't have the bandwidth for that but we are working on it.

Comment

ooohhhhhhh tks for explaining.

Comment

You guys should go to beaver run.....my friend said that..but he said the track is small

Comment

i thought drifting was about fun, but whatever

Comment

Come on We need some Washington events here! Drifting is getting big here but the northwest is always ignored. The scene is just as big here as anywhere else why not have some events here. And not just formula d, I'm talking D1, some import road racing events, and more car shows. I hate waiting for shows and events that come once a year!

Comment

why does formula d need to use show cars and models to promote the "sport of drifting"? are you just using them to make a quick buck, or are you really promoting drifting???

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
                    why does formula d need to use show cars and models to promote the "sport of drifting"? are you just using them to make a quick buck, or are you really promoting drifting???

seems more like chris' car is the one they are using to promote it, its on all the flyers, and thats far from a show car...

Comment

look guys im drifting
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
                        What do you think?

To make more money. They have to offer things to make Drifting better for the future.

If the "drift" competition is boring, would you go and see them all the time? of course not.

This is why, Theres carshow, models etc... Promoting the show.

Comment

Formula D has already explained why they do this. Check the Formula D thread to find that info. Use this thread to find out info and not re-hash old info please.

Thanks.

Comment

1. How long will it be before you guys actually get Formula D on TV? I'd like to actually be able to see the events instead of just reading about them or having to drive hundreds of miles.

2. Are you guys gonna do some midwest events, like Indianapolis Motor Speedway or Gateway Int'l Raceway?

I definitely think you guys should go down to Hawaii and at least have a driver's search. There's alot of talent down there. I'm glad you guys didn't partner with D1 and all that stuff, because America needs it's own series so our guys have a place to get better and showcase their talent.

Btw, being that you are SCCA, it would be interesting to get some of your World Challenge cars to come out and do some exhibitions. Imagine seeing Audi's, Vettes, and Porsches drifting. That'd be an interesting sight.

Comment

1. How long will it be before you guys actually get Formula D on TV? I'd like to actually be able to see the events instead of just reading about them or having to drive hundreds of miles.

Irwindale will actually be on TV as well as highlights fromt he other rounds later this year. We will make announcements on this very soon. You will be able to see it.

2. Are you guys gonna do some midwest events, like Indianapolis Motor Speedway or Gateway Int'l Raceway?
                              HAve not considered those two venues just yet but have been in contact with soem people that want to see drifting in conjunction with other events like the Indy 500 or something in exhibition format. As of now we are planning 6 events (No Ca, So Cal, Chicago, Tri State, Houston and Atl)

I definitely think you guys should go down to Hawaii and at least have a driver's search. There's alot of talent down there. I'm glad you guys didn't partner with D1 and all that stuff, because America needs it's own series so our guys have a place to get better and showcase their talent.
                              YA i love Hawaii. There is so much I wish we could do there. Maybe in the future. As of now we need to develop what we have.

Btw, being that you are SCCA, it would be interesting to get some of your World Challenge cars to come out and do some exhibitions. Imagine seeing Audi's, Vettes, and Porsches drifting. That'd be an interesting sight.
                              We are not SCCA, SCCA just sanctions us. There has been interst from soem road racing teams to enter the drift world but liek most racers and teams will tell you, there is no money in racing so it would be difficult for them to justify doing something in drifting just yet

Comment

Is any more information available about the Formula D event at Laguna Seca Champ Car race in September?

Comment

Working...
                                X