No announcement yet.

Ask FORMULA D Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is any more information available about the Formula D event at Laguna Seca Champ Car race in September?

As of now 6 of the top FD drifters have been invited to join the Champ Car weekend at Laguna Seca. These drifters will perform Cheoreographed demo's in front of the Champ Car audience before the main event race. When tickets go on sale on the website one lucky ticket purchaser will get to ride in a 2-seater champ car around Laguna Seca.

More info available soon

Comment

Just curious why Houston was chosen as one of the event
      locations...

Also, why will the Dodge Viper Comp. Coupe be disallowed next
      year?

And, is a street legal but modified Corvette Z06 eligible to
      compete in SCCA sanctioned events next year? Thanks.

Comment

why did your event apparently suck?

what are you planning on doing about it?

Comment

i dont think theres gonna be anyway you can defend yourselves out of this one. to be honest, i wouldnt even bother. these guys are doing nothing to help the sport along, put people in the seats or make the FD events better.

screw them. who needs drifting.com anyways? all these folks do is hate because they have nothing better to do. its all they do. get some lives, people. its obvious none of you are drifters because none of you are even competing.

Comment

dude, your posting on here too...

Comment

Originally posted by pony
              its obvious none of you are drifters because none of you are even competing.
              While many of the people are being a bit harsh, it is this mindset you have just expressed that shows how little you know about drifting

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                why did your event apparently suck?

what are you planning on doing about it?

Comment

Originally posted by pony
                  i dont think theres gonna be anyway you can defend yourselves out of this one. to be honest, i wouldnt even bother. these guys are doing nothing to help the sport along, put people in the seats or make the FD events better.

screw them. who needs drifting.com anyways? all these folks do is hate because they have nothing better to do. its all they do. get some lives, people. its obvious none of you are drifters because none of you are even competing.
                  How many times must we come out to an event, have a bad time, then have them try to justify the badness as "advancing the sport". F___ that. If you want to know what I do to advance the sport do your F____ing research and you'll see my team and I are responsible for meets and mtn runs here in GA. I went the FD Drift ATL with my girl friend and 3 others, so thats "putting people in the F____ing seats". If they would just listen to us real drifters and drifting enthusiest as to what spectacle to put on, the events would be better.

Leave it to the drivers to discuss how the competition should be organized and ran, but we decide weather or not it was a good event.
                  Last edited by my 1 88 u; 08-31-2004, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                    How many times must we come out to an event, have a bad time, then have them try to justify the badness as "advancing the sport". F___ that. If you want to know what I do to advance the sport do your F____ing research and you'll see my team and I are responsible for meets and mtn runs here in GA. I went the FD Drift ATL with my girl friend and 3 others, so thats "putting people in the F____ing seats". If they would just listen to us real drifters and drifting enthusiest as to what spectacle to put on, the events would be better.

Leave it to the drivers to discuss how the competition should be organized and ran, but we decide weather or not it was a good event.
                    I sympathize with you but I dont think they care. They promised us one thing, and delivered us something else. Fact of the matter is, I dont think we represent the larger group. There were sooooooo many stupid kids their in the stands, booing the GTO, saying f____ Rhys and F____ Sam, saying ridiculous $hit like Dai should win because he's more JDM, then later on talking about how they're going to get all these drift cars and go drifting all over the place. These are the kinds of people they WANT, they represent the larger demographic. It's ALL business. We say we want it taken slowly, do things right, dont need bull$hit to attract fans. They say that the sport needs money to progress, they need to tack on all the HIN cr@p to attract kids who will kill themselves and others, and potentially turn drifting the ways of drag racing. Well, Formula D wont step up to the plate and admit they f'ed up and basically did everything they said they wouldn't do, so WE have to take a stand and start our own events. Our fears have been answered, we know all our qualms will fall on deaf ears. I'm sure there will continue to be shitty Formula D events, but we don't HAVE to attend them. Let's generate support, do our own thing, and it can grow from there. If you dont like where this is going now then there's something in the works. If you're sick of the bull$hit send an e-mail to kevincrawford96@sbcglobal.net and tell him you're interested in doing something about it.

Comment

• Use this thread to ask questions, we already have a feedback thread.

Comment

• Just curious why Houston was chosen as one of the event
                        Amongst other things, scheduling, good relationship with key industry people out there, great crowd, etc

Also, why will the Dodge Viper Comp. Coupe be disallowed next
                        Already answered this. The comp coupe will not run next year
                        And, is a street legal but modified Corvette Z06 eligible to
                        Wnat to give you the right answer so let me look into that.

Comment

• BTW, Formula D who are you? Can I have a name? I know you're the company representative, but I'm wondering who exactly you are in the company...

Matt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craftsman
                            BTW, Formula D who are you? Can I have a name? I know you're the company representative, but I'm wondering who exactly you are in the company...

Matt.
                            Said his name was Ryan in the formula d feedback thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon X
                              I sympathize with you but I dont think they care. They promised us one thing, and delivered us something else. Fact of the matter is, I dont think we represent the larger group. There were sooooooo many stupid kids their in the stands, booing the GTO, saying f____ Rhys and F____ Sam, saying ridiculous $hit like Dai should win because he's more JDM, then later on talking about how they're going to get all these drift cars and go drifting all over the place. These are the kinds of people they WANT, they represent the larger demographic. It's ALL business. We say we want it taken slowly, do things right, dont need bull$hit to attract fans. They say that the sport needs money to progress, they need to tack on all the HIN cr@p to attract kids who will kill themselves and others, and potentially turn drifting the ways of drag racing. Well, Formula D wont step up to the plate and admit they f'ed up and basically did everything they said they wouldn't do, so WE have to take a stand and start our own events. Our fears have been answered, we know all our qualms will fall on deaf ears. I'm sure there will continue to be shitty Formula D events, but we don't HAVE to attend them. Let's generate support, do our own thing, and it can grow from there. If you dont like where this is going now then there's something in the works. If you're sick of the bull$hit send an e-mail to kevincrawford96@sbcglobal.net and tell him you're interested in doing something about it.
                              dont go, dont support and then dont complain.

if i didnt like this site, or some of the people on here, id simply stop coming here. sometimes the squeaky wheel can just give itself some grease.

Comment

• Will you be releasing the entire 2004 formula d season on dvd in the near future?

Comment

Working...
                                X