No announcement yet.

Ask FORMULA D Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you be releasing the entire 2004 formula d season on dvd in the near future.
    Ya actually we are compiling all of the footage now and hoping to do something with it in the near future.

Comment

• kool...where will it be sold??

like in malls?

Comment

• Formula D,
        I would like to strongly suggest you looking into doing a FL drift stop....FL next to Cali, has the largest car enthusiast population in America. I think that FL should have a FD because it would have a very large turnout and FL is just FL...just IMO

Comment

• 240SX Convertible

If I install a roll cage, will it be allowed to compete a convertible at the formula d events? Thanks.

Where do i sign up?

Comment

• Florida doesn't sound like a bad idea, seeing as how it's becoming a large parking lot at this time. Fl does have large car population, only thing is, it's so spread out and it's a long drive for a lot of people to get there. But, I would show up if they did one.

Comment

• kool...where will it be sold??
              Stay tuned to the site

I would like to strongly suggest you looking into doing a FL drift stop....FL next to Cali, has the largest car enthusiast population in America. I think that FL should have a FD because it would have a very large turnout and FL is just FL...just IMO
              Personally I love FL. I Don't think you will see there until 2006 though.

If I install a roll cage, will it be allowed to compete a convertible at the formula d events? Thanks.
              Depends on the specifics. You can call our office and we would be happy to walk you through it.

Comment

• Who won and what awards were handed out at the banquet?

Comment

• The award catergories were chosen by SS staff, but voted on by drivers and crew members. Here is the exact thing that was used at the Awards banquet:

2004 Formula D Award Ceremony

1. Most Improved Driver: This is the driver who over the course of the season has noticeably accelerated his skill in a manner that it clearly sticks out in your mind. From start to finish this guy has gotten noticeably better and better. From a podium finish in Sonoma to blowing away everyone at Irwindale until car difficulties curb’d him. Probably the nicest guy you will meet and our most Improved Driver Calvin Wan
                  2. Most Consistent: This is the driver who during practice, qualifying and tandem consistently lays down solid performances and scores. He was consistent from day 1 to the end. Never off track and always exciting. His record speaks volumes of consistency. Samuel Hubinette.
                  3. Crowd Favorite: This is the driver who gets the best reaction out of the crowd from either his driving or antics during the event. He droves this machine to the limit every time. His personality and car of choice created this crowd favorite. He is never quiet and knows what the crowd. It’s rodeo time for Alex Pffeifer
                  4. Most exciting driver: This is the driver who pushes the envelope and keeps you on your toes. You don’t know what will happen next but you do know it will be exciting. I think everyone will agree the future hold promise for this guy. He is the first guy to holds the points championship lead by setting the bar in qualifying and he took out the best at Laguna Seca. He has the making of a superstar and probably the best hair, ladies especially we present the most exciting driver Ken Gushi
                  5. Best Tandem Run/Best Couple: From Atlanta to Irwindale this duo may have met once or five times but there is one run or set of runs that sticks out in everyone’s mind. Our hearts all stopped with this duo. Didn’t know if it would go to blows, two amzing character and the best tandem duo. Alex and Sam
                  6. Most Unique: This driver is just that, unique. Whether driving or hanging out in the pits this individual sticks out no matter what. Lip ring, pink graphics, Christian Dior glasses and that signature smile and the best looking Taiwanese guy in a mohawk our Most Unique Driver is Andy Yen
                  7. Highest Qualifier: To be decided by the highest point total for qualifying runs. Sameul Hubinette
                  8. Best Looking Car: What car do you think looks the best out there on track? Dai Yoshihara
                  9. Most influential driver: What driver rubs off the most on the crowd, industry and other drivers? Rhys Millen
                  10. Jagermeister Award: This person or group took the most advantage of social gatherings, local watering holes and/or other types of weekend parties at FD. The voting actually stated this group and not and individual and we can all see why the voting was slanted. I’m sure none of you would disagree. Two words: Fire Extinguisher. Not once but twice. Drift Alliance.
                  11. Most Valuable Drifter: This is the individual that may not have won every event, he may not have even won one event, but this is the guy that represents drifting. This is the guy that has pushed drifting. This is the person that is the most passionate. This person is not afraid to voice his opinion, not afraid to speak up. He definitely doesn’t say much but his presence is known. From track layout to being one of the best guys to go to as far as drift knowledge. I don’t think anyone can disagree that Taka Aono is the Most Valuable Drifter.
                  12. Hardest Working Drifter: This is the driver you always see under the hood or with grease all over his arms or lots of oil stains on his driver suit. This was a landslide and we all know how hard he works. He is a great guy and our hardest working drifter Ernie Fixmer.

Comment

• im glad calvin got recognized for that, his improvemtn showed ALOT in his driving, was really excited by his runs

Comment

• Not to compare Formula Drift with D1GP, but I believe a large part of D1 success is contributed to their method of displaying the personalities and characters that make up the series, on option videos. We appreciate the fact that members and drivers of FD regularly chat on these boards or grant interviews with magazines but sometimes you can connect with an audience better if you just allow them to observe you.

Aside from attending a Formula Drift competition and hang in the pits, what do you plan to do to help display the personalites and characters that make up Formula Drift to a wide audience?

Comment

• All of our 2004 marketing was expressly concentrated on promoting the drivers of FD. Whether it be their cars, their faces on flyers, bio's on the website, or using them through PR campaigns such as setting up and interview for Chris Forberg with the LA Times... We always use the drivers. They are the stars in our mind and deserve the exposure. The simple fact that many of people in and outside this forum know many our the drivers by names is a reinforcement that it has worked. Not to let the cat out of the bag but we will also have more of the visual things you talk about such as DVD's. Now not all JDM Options are pure D1 content and almost none of it is American D1 content. There simply is not enough to go around. Plus our core business is not DVD production and distribution like Option who owns D1 is. So will only be able to do those things by as much content as we accumulate. Right now we have 4 rounds worth plus tons of wreckless after hours footage and debauchery. LOL

Outside of that we are defintely working on more visual applications for drivers. Can't say much now but definitely expect soem DVD's and other forms of media to come.

2005 will replicate 2004 plus add other layers which will will announce in due time. Dont get scared you wont see much of the "HIN" style branding. That was never our core.

Comment

• Originally posted by Formula D
                          Right now we have 4 rounds worth plus tons of wreckless after hours footage and debauchery. LOL

and thats enough to win my bucks. hop on it man

Comment

• Do you allow AWD and/or FWD cars to compete?

Comment

• We don't allow FWD or AWD cars at the moment.

Comment

• are there photos from the drift exhibition at the CART race? How did the CART guys like it?

Comment

Working...
                                X