Leaving in rear seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving in rear seats

don't you think if you leave in the rear seats in a drifting car it will put in a little more momentum in a drift???

It wouldnt matter, unless the seats are heavier the 25 pounds, you wont notice it.

Comment

yes i agree with above..... not unless u have ungodly heavy seats..and if u do it would be better to get rid of them

Comment

S13

Comment

taking out the rear seats would make your car faster lighter and maybe more easier to drift tho

Comment

Originally posted by Oki Drifter
            taking out the rear seats would make your car faster lighter and maybe more easier to drift tho
            not really, it depends on your car. i havent taken the rear sseats out of my s14 yet for a couple rears

1. its front heavy already. removing the rear seats will just make the weight balance more biased towards the front than it is already, only throwing off handling more. this could contribute to wheelhop and understeer

2. if i did my amp and wiring would be visible from outside the car. your *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* will get took around here

Comment

ae86 rear seats weigh nothing.. like 6 lbs.. give or take.. its the sound deadening that counts.

Comment

generally i remove ALL the sound deadening from the car, then put the seats back in. My S13 i must have removed nearly 35Kgs in sound deadening, trim and seats

I too haven done the S14 tho, due to wieght balance issues! But i think i am going to be doing it. Even if the car is slightly front heavy, when the car is lighter its quicker to react and uses less tyres. Also my battery is in the boot and fitting a rollcage will probally even it out a bit more too. My friend also make carbon bonnets and boot lids, so im considering that to drop even more wieght. I allready replaced the standard heavy leather seats with nice and light sparco buckets

Comment

I dont have rear seats so now I can keep the full size spare right behind the pass seat. I don't have to give people rides etc. But man I can fit alot back there like 2 sets of wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by PearlWhiteMike
                    not really, it depends on your car. i havent taken the rear sseats out of my s14 yet for a couple rears

1. its front heavy already. removing the rear seats will just make the weight balance more biased towards the front than it is already, only throwing off handling more. this could contribute to wheelhop and understeer

2. if i did my amp and wiring would be visible from outside the car. your *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* will get took around here
                    yeah i agree with you, because most companies try to have a weight distribution, and even a few pounds counts....

Comment

Working...
                    X