what about a forgotten american car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about a forgotten american car

we all know the great cars from japan eveyone loves to use for drifting. but what about a pontiac fiero. its mid engine rear wheel drive. has more power then some of the other cars being used. and very well tuned (for an american car from the 80's). has a wider wheel base then a MR2 and is extreamly cheap...im going to try it because i have one torn apart in the back...just seeing other peoples opinions.

I guess. Its fugly.com

Comment

The only thing that worries me about the Fiero is the space-frame concept. It was a great idea, but I'm not sure how strong the frame is in real world crash situations. I know alot of people that refer to Fiero's as having a fiberglass frame (though that is not true literally) because the frames get mangled when the car gets into an accident. I'm sure with the right chassis strengthening, your Fiero would be up to the task of drifting, but I'm not so sure it would be able to handle the inevitable mishaps that you will encounter while learning how to drift. It would really suck to have to keep transfering all your parts to a different shell/frame every time you crashed or tapped the wall. But if you can find a way around this, then I think a Fiero would be a good drift car.

Comment

The fiero shares parts with the chevette and the lumina.
        It's an okay car with decent power (as long as you have the six cly), and many swaps... most popular (and scary) bieng the 200 plus caddilac northstar engine. It's a popular scca car and wieghs
        next to nothing, and it has lots of after market. If you've got an
        88 or later you're in buisness, it's the best platform to start with,
        having upgraded suspension.
        However, the notchback looking one is kinda fugly. Not nearly as nice as a chevette. LOL.

Comment

In all honesty, you may be better with a chevette...

The Fiero would make a good track car, and you're right about it being overlooked, but good luck if you're going to try and drift it.

The MR cars are quite a bit trickier to control than the FR cars for a number of reasons, but if you were able to tune and maintain a Fiero then it would be pretty damn cool to see it sliding sideways next to all those 240's and hachi's

-MR

Comment

Working...
          X