ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the point of putting a huge wing on a drift car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally it's more for style,

But on the other hand, we have tested a Carbon Fiber GT series wing from Cwest, and i have to say, it makes the car alot tighter @ rear at speeds over 110 kmh. but for 4 and a half thousand AU lol i think i would preffer to forgo the wing

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroliftAutoLab
      yea i agree...mostly style... only function i see is when being used in Super Taiyku (spelling) and GT series...
      Is that Mike or John? Didn't know you guys were into drifting. How long you been into it?

Comment

ok all you people that say it is functional.....keep this in mind...you have to be going over 100 mph for it to be functional...otherwise it a pointless piece of crap sitting on the back...

Comment

Actually specific wings such as the Cwest Carbon Series are Functional from 80 kmh + and thats wind tunnel proven.

Comment

Ok, during drifting, at least my drifting and the drifting I watch, there is little to no travel in a direction 90 degrees from the front of the car. I mean sideways is the objective, but not completely sideways. Their is going to be airflow over the wing. And yes, the side pieces would be drag, not always a bad thing. Drifting setups, along with any performance setup, will be setup according to the drivers preference. If you notice, Taniguchi is not running bald tires, why not??? That would make it easier to oversteer. Pros use performance tires, sure it may make it harder initially, but predictible, and when you are dealing with their level of precision, predictablity is a good thing. Same principles for a wing. Oh and where did the 100 mph number come from? I mean that may be true for some wings, but not all are created equal. And more functional wings are adjustable. And also, pro drifters drift at much higher speeds than you do. So these numbers do come into play. And of course, they look d... cool.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s
              Ok, during drifting, at least my drifting and the drifting I watch, there is little to no travel in a direction 90 degrees from the front of the car. I mean sideways is the objective, but not completely sideways. Their is going to be airflow over the wing. And yes, the side pieces would be drag, not always a bad thing. Drifting setups, along with any performance setup, will be setup according to the drivers preference. If you notice, Taniguchi is not running bald tires, why not??? That would make it easier to oversteer. Pros use performance tires, sure it may make it harder initially, but predictible, and when you are dealing with their level of precision, predictablity is a good thing. Same principles for a wing. Oh and where did the 100 mph number come from? I mean that may be true for some wings, but not all are created equal. And more functional wings are adjustable. And also, pro drifters drift at much higher speeds than you do. So these numbers do come into play. And of course, they look d... cool.
              still...it is hitting the side, which will still divert the ariflow

Comment

Yes, bringing the rear back behind the front. Not always what you want, but like I said, it keeps it reliable. You will still be able to break it loose but you always know it will come back when you need it to. They are pros. I dont claim to need a wing. I enjoy drifting my completely stock NA FC. But it can be functional. Its all about driver preference.

Comment

well considering your going at highway speeds you don't just go from straight to sideways....theres a transition to it and i guess the wing would give you whatever benefit your looking for depending on the design and setup of the car........and yeah wings do add style but they do also have funtionality......saying wings are pointless for drifting is just generalizing that all wings are the same so they must do jack for drifting.......

you can't exactly say the wing does jack cause you haven't gone out with a wing designed for drifting and see what it does

Comment

I want a big carbon fiber wing, just so I dont have people sitting on the trunk of my car, and a place to put my coffee when I am chillin at starbucks.

Comment

Just imagine one of those sitting on the back end of a Volvo wagon...yeah, fear that bitches, fear that.

Comment

whats the point of a big rear wing on a drift car. none...just for style
                        whats the pint of drifting? none.... just for style

Comment

Dont say that, dont want to start another war.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                            Dont say that, dont want to start another war.
                            its already a war all the rocket enginerers have gathered.

Comment

Yea, but we dont need it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                                Yea, but we dont need it here.
                                it will be something else tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X