ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota Supra and celica for drifting???PIX!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Supra and celica for drifting???PIX!!

just recently i was in a disscussion about the toyota supra and celica being good drift cars...well i thought they were great cars except that the celica comes in in two drive trains FF and AWD(gt-four), thats were i was wrong the loder modeled celicas came in hatchback RWD solid axle, the convertible coupe and the 2-door coupe all RWD, and of course they came in manual until 1984 when the saga of the FR celicas ended.

The supras of course they came in hatchback manual or auto trannies with 4cylinder engines so did the celicas. but until 1986 i belive that the MA70s came out?

anyway i just want to here about your thoughts about this. plus i got some pix 4u.
    Attached Files

Celicas were RWD until 1986

Celica Supras were basically stretched-hood versions of hatchback celicas (with inline six engines)

In 1986.5 the Supra became its own car, while the celica became FWD (awd in some rarer trims).

All Supras are inline six, rear wheel drive, but I'd only recomend the 1982-1986 MK2 celica-supra to would-be drifters.

Comment

My friends Celica/Supra at a recent drift event.

Comment

How is the aftermarket support for Mk II's?

I am currently in search of a car so I can begin work before I get my license, get a jump start

Comment

Originally posted by Xantos
          How is the aftermarket support for Mk II's?

I am currently in search of a car so I can begin work before I get my license, get a jump start

Aftermarket support is good enough. www.rabidchimp.com will have most of the specialty parts you can't easily find from big box retailers. Parts like LSD's can be exchanged with some toyota 4x4 trucks. Front camber plates can be taken from some celicas.

Main drawbacks: Rear camber is not adjustable, and making it adjustable requires some know-how and custom work. Finding 4 lug wheels in the propper offset can be a chore.

Comment

Old-school Celicas are great! We are considering a 2JZ swap into something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ma71supraturbo
              Aftermarket support is good enough. www.rabidchimp.com will have most of the specialty parts you can't easily find from big box retailers. Parts like LSD's can be exchanged with some toyota 4x4 trucks. Front camber plates can be taken from some celicas.

Main drawbacks: Rear camber is not adjustable, and making it adjustable requires some know-how and custom work. Finding 4 lug wheels in the propper offset can be a chore.
              Wheels are easy to find. Same bolt pattern as an 86. Also, solid rear most of the time so who needs to adjust the camber back there?

Comment

Originally posted by O5m0515
                Wheels are easy to find. Same bolt pattern as an 86. Also, solid rear most of the time so who needs to adjust the camber back there?

Mk2 supras have independent rear suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by ma71supraturbo
                  Mk2 supras have independent rear suspension.
                  This thread is also about Celicas.

Comment

Working...
                  X