drift rb25det 240?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drift rb25det 240?

Not too long ago i got a 240sx with an rb25det. Only reason i got it was because i got a really good deal. It has a front tension rods, eibach springs, kyb shocks, front srut bar and lsd. The car puts out 250 to the wheels. You guys think that is too much power to learn to drift in? I don't want to up the boost or anything because i think thats enough power already. Originally i was going to get a stock 240 but this one came up and got a super good deal. what do you guys think, good drift car?

sure y not, if that dude can drift a 4dr skyline u should be able to with that engine in a 240 chasis

Comment

sounds like a good platform, but definitely alot of power to start with. just be careful and dont get hung up on the curbs, they're out to get you

Comment

Sounds good. Who did the RB swap?

Comment

I heard someone was selling one in my area for 6,000 ( socal/ LA area )
          If any of you are interested in doing a RB26 swap call me and I'll give you info.
          Last edited by emission; 12-27-2003, 05:15 AM.

Comment

a RB25 in a silvia!?

That's a first!
            onli in america, I haven't heared or read of anyone doing that in Japan.
            thats good power but that's gonna put alot of weight on the frontend of your silvia.
            But its better than having a KA in the 240 tho, or was there a SR in there that he threw away?

Comment

Why would take a stock 240 over this.You got the power of a skyline and the fairly light chasis of the 240,sounds like a deal.Everyone has a SR20 in a 240 these days,but not many with a RB series engine.And the ones that do are usually not drift cars,so I say be one of the first.The RB25 isn't too much heavier than the KA,isn't it something like 40-50lbs,not even.

Comment

???

Comment

rb25 is more of a drag machine. RB equipped S13-S14s are known as supra hunters. It's possible for drift use but the weight although may not seem to be large actually is. It really distrupts the balance of the S13 chassis. If you are skilled enough to counter and handle that then more power to you. But it wouldnt be a bad idea to mess with some supras at a drag strip.

Comment

Tuning could over come the extra weight in the front.No matter what you do with the car,your going to have lots of fun with the RB's power on tap.

Comment

i heard that the engine would disrupt the balance. But one of you guys said that about the s13, I have a s14, think that makes a difference? What if i put a carbon fiber hood, relocate the battery and take off the bumper support, I think that would take about a 100 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by cantdrift
                        i heard that the engine would disrupt the balance. But one of you guys said that about the s13, I have a s14, think that makes a difference? What if i put a carbon fiber hood, relocate the battery and take off the bumper support, I think that would take about a 100 pounds.
                        It's not like the RB prevents you from drifting...it doesn't.The battery in the back is also good for weight/extended life.A vented carbon fibre hood is a nice way to shed weight and provide better cooling,just remember your drifting.

Comment

I was looking into an RB conversion but worried about the weigh issue also. From what I gather it shouldt be much of a problem. Mad K said it wont disrupt the weight too much....by changing to a fiber hood you already shave a lot of weight....what u guys think?

Comment

that should be a great set up if you get like a carbon fiber hood also a carbon front bumper would be great.

Comment

even if you relocate the battery to the back that should almost balance out the car

Comment

Working...
                              X