Formula D New Jersey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D New Jersey?

So the first event flyer for NJ has been posted. What can we expect from this event? Any insight to the course layout? Any drivers to watch out for this event? Have any rules changed?

here's the link to the flyer

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12088
    Last edited by swifty949; 02-07-2005, 05:34 PM.

Originally posted by swifty949
    So the first event flyer for NJ has been posted. What can we expect from this event? Any insight to the course layout? Any drivers to watch out for this event? Have any rules changed?

here's the link to the flyer

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12088
    All I can tell you is that this might be the craziest events held all year. Its not very often that major drift events hit the northeast. We don't know what the track layout will be yet though. The rules were posted somewhere I thought? As for the drivers... You guys are really gonna have to get your game up. Me and Tony left for california because we were tired of getting our a$$'s kicked all the time. So we came out here where the competition wasn't as fierce!
    www.chrisforsberg.com
    www.driftalliance.com
    www.nosdrift.com
    www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

hahaha T2.

I think it will probably be the best Formula D event yet.
      New drivers, new cars, new coverage.
      It's going to be out of hand.
      The first season gave the drivers a good feeling of how to run with other drivers and what to expect from them. Now everybody knows everybody which should make the drifting closer, faster, and more intense!
      And for those who can't make it to the events around the country, G4 will have you covered.

anyways, good luck to all the teams and all the drivers.
      You guys better watch out for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
        hahaha T2.

I think it will probably be the best Formula D event yet.
        New drivers, new cars, new coverage.
        It's going to be out of hand.
        The first season gave the drivers a good feeling of how to run with other drivers and what to expect from them. Now everybody knows everybody which should make the drifting closer, faster, and more intense!
        And for those who can't make it to the events around the country, G4 will have you covered.

anyways, good luck to all the teams and all the drivers.
        You guys better watch out for me!
        You are driving in FD this year Brian?

-Al

Comment

Originally posted by .Al
          You are driving in FD this year Brian?

-Al
          He's started a new team...Team boro boro.

Comment

No....
            but i suppose i COULD.

Comment

The event should be super fun. The track is smaller than Irwindale and Wall is repaving the oval just for us. We are pretty much sold out of driver spots after one week of having registration open. That is a good sign. Due to this we have created a seconddary qualifying for unseeded or new drivers. We are seeding drivers 1-20 from the 2004 season and they will be exempt from this qualifying. This way we can accomodate more drivers but when the real competition begins you will have 32 spots made up of the best drivers. We will have the jumbotron out there and we are working on a real time scoring system with the jumbotron. We will see how this works out. We have had every driver re-confirm their attendance at the event so no one at this point in the top 30 has said they cannot make it. So Gush, Forsber, Millen, Hubinette, Fixmer, Pfieffer, etc. All those guys are coming. All with improved or new cars. Call over or email if anyone has any questions.

FD

Comment

Originally posted by Topics II
                All I can tell you is that this might be the craziest events held all year. Its not very often that major drift events hit the northeast. We don't know what the track layout will be yet though. The rules were posted somewhere I thought? As for the drivers... You guys are really gonna have to get your game up. Me and Tony left for california because we were tired of getting our a$$'s kicked all the time. So we came out here where the competition wasn't as fierce!

You spoiled the surprise AND you let everyone in on the secret why you guys moved/ran away...damn you...

As far as the track I tested it for Formula D. It is like the infield oval of Irwindale with serious banks hence the "wall" in wall speedway. basically it will be fast with alot of shifting. I was coming out of one bank and entering the second bank around 80-100 in the top of third (the lower powered cars should have no problem getting the speed either). you have to enter fast to carry you through the bank. It will be challenging but definately fun and if i remember correctly thats All that matters!

JR
                www.driftalliance.com
                TEAM FALKEN

Comment

do i even have to say Pre/Post Festivities???

i smell Showoff DC and NYE wrapped into one night.

Comment

People will tell stories and write novels about this event for years to come.

Comment

Working...
                    X