HKS Silvia; Dyno/Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HKS Silvia; Dyno/Specs

I have been searching for dyno and specs on the HKS Silvia drift car for over 3 hrs and cant find anything on that car I thought it would be somewere in these forums, but i couldnt find them, so I'm asking anyone here since it's a drifting board. if they have them or knows were to get them and lets me know i would really appreciate it, thanks for any help

Old Stats

DRIVER 002 - Nobuteru Taniguchi
    Birth Date: May 18th, 1971
    Birth Place: Hiroshima
    Best Position: Winner

"One of The Smoothest and Quickest Drifters "

He was the 1st place winner in Round 2 this year and continued to be a strong drifter in the following competitions. Many thought he'd be the overall winner. Unfortunately, he began losing during the middle of the season, but came back strong once again in the final rounds.

Car: GT30ProS Version
    Top qualifier in: Rounds 2, 3, 5, 6, 7
    Sponsors Nismo / Yokohama Tire / Car Make T&E / Yashio Factory / Esprit / Craft Square/ HPI / Defend Racing
    Power 440 ps
    Torque n/a
    Tires F / Neova (235/40-18) R / Neova (255/35-18)
    Wheels F / Super Advan Ver.2 (10J-18) R / Super Advan Ver. 2 (10J-18)
    Suspension F / Hipermax D R / Hipermax D
    Exterior F/B: Vertex Ridge - S/S: Vertex Ridge - R/B: Vertex Ridge - Wing: Vertex Ridge
    Transmission HKS 6-Speed
    Clutch HKS
    LSD Nismo

http://www.drifting.com/D1_Grand_Prix_Drivers.php

Originally posted by HKSilvia
    I have been searching for dyno and specs on the HKS Silvia drift car for over 3 hrs and cant find anything on that car I thought it would be somewere in these forums, but i couldnt find them, so I'm asking anyone here since it's a drifting board. if they have them or knows were to get them and lets me know i would really appreciate it, thanks for any help

Comment

nOOb question - what is the rating for horsepower for the Japanese cars? I see 440ps. What is the translation for that? I assume it is a metric measurement.
      Last edited by FR_Madness; 02-08-2005, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FR_Madness
        nOOb question - what is the rating for horsepower for the Japanese cars? I see 440ps. What is the translation for that? I assume it is a metric measurement.
        1ps = 0.9hp so every 10ps, they lose 1hp so taniguchis car would be 396hp

Comment

Thanks! That helps make sense of a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
            1ps = 0.9hp so every 10ps, they lose 1hp so taniguchis car would be 396hp
            Not quite, 1ps = .986hp. Seems like a small difference between .9 and .986 until you do the math. Better answer is 434hp, or in other words, hp and ps are nearly idenicle.

Comment

I hear people say they're practically idenctical all the time but what I want to know is what it is, like where it came from?

Comment

Originally posted by rb20
                I hear people say they're practically idenctical all the time but what I want to know is what it is, like where it came from?
                One is metric and one is standard. One is based on the power a horse was putting out. And the other is from Toruqe (Metric) x RPM...

Comment

Thank you so much-finally after months infact years of wondering i got a straight answer.thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rb20
                    Thank you so much-finally after months infact years of wondering i got a straight answer.thank you.
                    Yeah, it's basically metric hp, and "ps" is an abreviated german word. BTW, ever hear of google, solves most problems in seconds.

Comment

Good point- I bet 10 minutes of my time on google wouldve saved my countless hours of wondering

Comment

PS stands for PowerStrokes

Comment

Or, IIRC, Pfiderschtarke. (Spelling is probably waaaay off) I believe I've seen german cars using PS.

It really isn't that big of a difference, as has been said. The most common example is the usual "gentlemen's agreement" number, 280PS, which comes out to 276HP.

Comment

Working...
                          X