Falken Azenis RT-615

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falken Azenis RT-615

I apolofize if this is a repost but I searched and couldn't find a thread about this

I spoke with a guy at Falken today and he told me that ALL of the tire sizes that are going to be coming out in the new 615 tire will be available this March

he also told me that they're going to be more expensive than the 215s b/c the 215s were meant to get Falken known in the industry.....now they are going to be competetively priced.....just don't be surprised if some sizes are up to 50 bucks more per tire

anyway.....the new Azenis WILL NOT become greasy as the heat up like the 215s did.....the 615s are designed for you to be able to use them in road racing applications......just keep in mind they only come with 8/32nds of tread depth.....but they will only get better as they get older......which is one of the best features of the tire.....the center tread if also designed so that it helps to evacuate water better so you will be less likely to hydroplane as compared to the 215s

now click on this link and take a close look at the shoulder blocks on the tire.....then come back and read on Falken Azenis RT-615 Info okay now that you've seen the tread blocks.....you notice how some of the grooves extend through the shoulder while the other grooves have little sipes that go into the middle of the tire? well after about 1000 miles those little sipes are gone and you have one continuous tread block after another that's right boys and girls monster tread blocks on the shoulders.....i can't wait for this tire to come out

Here are all the sizes that will be available Falken Azenis RT-615 Sizes

I spoke with tires.com and they said the tires should be for sale within 30-60 days

205/40/16 are going to be 94 bucks a piece

the 225/45/17s are going to be 156 a piece

the 245/45/17s are going to be 160 a piece

and the 275/40/17s are going to be 170 a piece

Late,
    Daniel
    Last edited by realSILVIA; 02-17-2005, 04:38 PM.

Damn.....that tire is soooo dope! I can't wait to get my hands on a set. Rumor has it Team Falken will use these tires at D1. I wonder how they will perform?

Comment

Originally posted by realSILVIA
      I apolofize if this is a repost but I searched and couldn't find a thread about this

I spoke with a guy at Falken today and he told me that ALL of the tire sizes that are going to be coming out in the new 615 tire will be available this March

he also told me that they're going to be more expensive than the 215s b/c the 215s were meant to get Falken known in the industry.....now they are going to be competetively priced.....just don't be surprised if some sizes are up to 50 bucks more per tire

anyway.....the new Azenis WILL NOT become greasy as the heat up like the 215s did.....the 615s are designed for you to be able to use them in road racing applications......just keep in mind they only come with 8/32nds of tread depth.....but they will only get better as they get older......which is one of the best features of the tire.....the center tread if also designed so that it helps to evacuate water better so you will be less likely to hydroplane as compared to the 215s

now click on this link and take a close look at the shoulder blocks on the tire.....then come back and read on Falken Azenis RT-615 Info okay now that you've seen the tread blocks.....you notice how some of the grooves extend through the shoulder while the other grooves have little sipes that go into the middle of the tire? well after about 1000 miles those little sipes are gone and you have one continuous tread block after another that's right boys and girls monster tread blocks on the shoulders.....i can't wait for this tire to come out

Here are all the sizes that will be available Falken Azenis RT-615 Sizes

I spoke with tires.com and they said the tires should be for sale within 30-60 days

205/40/16 are going to be 94 bucks a piece

the 225/45/17s are going to be 156 a piece

the 245/45/17s are going to be 160 a piece

and the 275/40/17s are going to be 170 a piece

Late,
      Daniel

According to my meeting with Falken Tire last week

225-45-17 early to mid March @ my warehouse
      255-40-17 same
      275-40-17 same
      225-40-18 same
      275-35-18 same

come see me @ D1 and I will have more info on arrival date/ETA

I'll be running around with the DTC RPS-13 and at Team Falken's booth

I will have the best price on these!!!
      Last edited by kineticdb8r; 02-19-2005, 11:47 AM.

Comment

gee , thanks falken, now i will be running khumo mx b/c they are the closest thing to affordability i can find.

again thanks for pulling my favorite street tire for auto-x ever, putting a trendy tread pattern on it (rain? who cares about rain, i thoguth this was an auto-x tire?) and jacking the prices up. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
          gee , thanks falken, now i will be running khumo mx b/c they are the closest thing to affordability i can find.

again thanks for pulling my favorite street tire for auto-x ever, putting a trendy tread pattern on it (rain? who cares about rain, i thoguth this was an auto-x tire?) and jacking the prices up. thanks.
          The price will be better/less than the MX....... and it was never a straight autocross tire....JUST A DRY TRACTION TIRE LIKE THE MX.As for rain traction
          that was a concern for a lot of users......Me included. B4 you knock the tire and the maker, why not wait and see how it performs?

as for the price increase.....when was the last time you bought the next version of something and have it be cheaper? the Azenis sport is 7 years old.......the 615 is new.... new technolo gy, new molds...new rubber..etc......

Comment

well said boss,
            tires are not cheap and drifting is not cheap!! You got pay to play!!
            i will see u at the falken booth broseph!!

Comment

honestly you are stupid if your buying rt615's to drift on, those are soft tires and they will not last long at all. 615's are a sticky tire, soft compound and the life of them is not long, especially when you are purposely lighting them up for minutes on end.

im just saying the old azenis still has a huuuuge fanbase, because it was cheap , sticky and competitive in solo2.

and from teh pricelist i saw they were more expensive than the khumo mx, maybe yall should post a pricelist of both tires here in case i saw wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mikespeed
                honestly you are stupid if your buying rt615's to drift on, those are soft tires and they will not last long at all. 615's are a sticky tire, soft compound and the life of them is not long, especially when you are purposely lighting them up for minutes on end.

im just saying the old azenis still has a huuuuge fanbase, because it was cheap , sticky and competitive in solo2.

and from teh pricelist i saw they were more expensive than the khumo mx, maybe yall should post a pricelist of both tires here in case i saw wrong.

It is true you wouldn't want to run the 615 on the rear, but it is great on the front......

As for the fan base, trust me I know about it, because I am part of it.

We have not posted a price list yet here at Discount, simply because we have been trying to determine where we would be at. As I stated before, I will have the best price on these tires......

i will do some looking around on the MX pricing tonight @ home

Comment

Originally posted by kineticdb8r
                  It is true you wouldn't want to run the 615 on the rear, but it is great on the front......

As for the fan base, trust me I know about it, because I am part of it.

We have not posted a price list yet here at Discount, simply because we have been trying to determine where we would be at. As I stated before, I will have the best price on these tires......

i will do some looking around on the MX pricing tonight @ home
                  i know how discount works, i saw a freinds price list compared to the current tires, i was far less than excited about saying goodbye to the 215 and waht falken promised as its new and imporoved replacement without jacking up the price. which was a lie.

Comment

If you are a good drifter and the car is balenced you should have no problem drifting on them, it will be a fast drift.... if your not that good then it will only be frustrating and add wear to the car... tires dont make you drift the driver dose

also to sticky of tires in the front and junk in the back can also be a problem

Comment

Originally posted by drift7
                      If you are a good drifter and the car is balenced you should have no problem drifting on them, it will be a fast drift.... if your not that good then it will only be frustrating and add wear to the car... tires dont make you drift the driver dose

also to sticky of tires in the front and junk in the back can also be a problem

pics of YOU drifting on them or bs. ive drifted on them and they dont last long at all, and thats a stock s13. i completely trashed 2 of them that were stickers in one night after an auto-x. that was a really expensive day even with the old prices.

these are not drift tires people, i dont know why yall think that. i honestly dont think they will last long enough for falken to do a demo on non-racetrack pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by kineticdb8r
                        According to my meeting with Falken Tire last week

225-45-17 early to mid March @ my warehouse
                        255-40-17 same
                        275-40-17 same
                        225-40-18 same
                        275-35-18 same

come see me @ D1 and I will have more info on arrival date/ETA

I'll be running around with the DTC RPS-13 and at Team Falken's booth

I will have the best price on these!!!
                        i wish i could come to the D1 event.....but i'm over here on "the other coast"....i'm from Philly.....if you guys ever make it out this way i can assure you that i'll be hanging around the Falken booth with all the DA guys from home (here)

Late,
                        Daniel

Comment

i didnt say they would last long if you drifted on them, I did say fast and sticky though also ive trashed 3 sets of rear tires at the fontana/cali DD events in one day
                          Last edited by drift7; 02-22-2005, 09:43 AM.

Comment

i know how discount works, i saw a freinds price list compared to the current tires, i was far less than excited about saying goodbye to the 215 and waht falken promised as its new and imporoved replacement without jacking up the price. which was a lie.

You saw a price list? really from where? Discount Tire CO? interesting.......

I just got pricing last week and I work for Discount Tire Direct.....also we just lowered pricing last night, because i have a new price sheet on my desk this morning. And believe me we aren't making money on the tires....

FALKEN NEVER PROMISED THAT THE TIRES WOULD BE INEXPENSIVE...IT WAS ASSUMED BY EVERYONE

They didn't lie.
                            Last edited by kineticdb8r; 02-22-2005, 11:53 AM.

Comment

these are not drift tires people, i dont know why yall think that. i honestly dont think they will last long enough for falken to do a demo on non-racetrack pavement.
                              Actually the preproduction version on Calvin's G35 did very well when he gave me a ride @ Drift showoff back in November. And while this was at Irwindale, most of the drifting was on the infield.....

Comment

Working...
                              X