ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Takahiro Ueno's Soarer gone through a slight change? (But I got a question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takahiro Ueno's Soarer gone through a slight change? (But I got a question)

Takahiro Ueno's Soarer seems to have gone through a bit of a change.

http://www.t-and-e.co.jp/cgi-bin/info/?page=3

His car now is a widebody due to Vertex's newest kit. Also has a 2JZ-GTE swap.

Vertex also sells a steering wheel. More importantly though...look at the gauge cluster location.

There is a TV monitor on there!
    Here is a pic of the same steering wheel...but on a different car.

Does anyone know if this is on his Soarer? I'm curious about this TV screen in terms of it's capabilities.

ASM also has a TV screen device for the S2000. This is a plug and play device for the S2000 only.
    http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=3648

Its not a tv screen u nub its a lcd display

Comment

Originally posted by Mr0d
      Its not a tv screen u nub its a lcd display
      Sorry...I meant a display...not tv screen. Lack of coffee this morning....

Comment

It displays rpms, temps, speed and other vital information.. making the need of seperate gauges unnessaasssasasary lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr0d
          It displays rpms, temps, speed and other vital information.. making the need of seperate gauges unnessaasssasasary lol
          Maybe I should have been more specific. I guess I wanted to actually see a shot of the display in action. I know the various functions of what it is capable of...just wanted to see an actual screen shot. I seriously need coffee...Starbucks here I come!

Comment

its not even the same car; a whole new rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by DomLee
              Takahiro Ueno's Soarer seems to have gone through a bit of a change.

His car now is a widebody due to Vertex's newest kit. Also has a 2JZ-GTE swap.
              [/IMG]

Actually its the stock motor..

Comment

Originally posted by SplatSc300
                Actually its the stock motor..
                The stock 2jz-gte jzz31 soarers are getting quite hard to come by so it could quite possibly be a swap. But Im sure someone like ueno and those that he works with would have no problems sourcing one.
                Last edited by rb20; 02-20-2005, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Well his soarer is a 99. It came with the 2JZGTE already. I wouldnt understand it if he pulled the motor to put in another 2JZGTE.

Comment

Mr. Ueno has at least 7 Soarers for a number of purposes (competition, shows, practice, daily driving, etc). I don't think his LCD display is as complicated as the S2000 one. It has the same sorta graphics as a calculator with a digital tachometer being the primary display on the screen. Simple and practical. I've also heard him say that he prefers the 1JZ with a HKS GT3037S turbo for competition and uses the 2JZ for other purposes.

Comment

7 soarers thats amazing. Thats dedication how truely awesome.

Comment

Ueno-san's newest competition Soarer for the 2005 season uses a 2JZ with an increased displacement of 3.4 L and a HKS T04Z turbo, it's makes roughly 650 HP

Comment

Originally posted by DoriAltis
                          Mr. Ueno has at least 7 Soarers for a number of purposes (competition, shows, practice, daily driving, etc). I don't think his LCD display is as complicated as the S2000 one. It has the same sorta graphics as a calculator with a digital tachometer being the primary display on the screen. Simple and practical. I've also heard him say that he prefers the 1JZ with a HKS GT3037S turbo for competition and uses the 2JZ for other purposes.
                          gt3037s is a small turbo for a 1j. thats like a good turbo for a 2 liter. whatever floats his boat i guess.

Comment

Working...
                          X