S15 Guage Cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S15 Guage Cluster

Hey I was wondering where I can find an S15 guage cluster for sale. Anybody know if I can fit it into an 89 240SX? I was gonna switch out the guage cluster anyways because it looks so boring. Plus I've never seen that kind of mod before so I think it'd be kind of originial. Any Ideas?

Come on 28 views and no replies?

Comment

I think that'd look pretty sweet if done right. But it could also look horrible. I've never heard of anyone doing something like that though so keep looking.

B-Wurm

Comment

heya...
        there's guys down here who have done a S15 dash into S13 swap. Helped one guy do his, and we tried to nut the cluster out for weeks. Basically we just couldn't be fvcked making circuits to modulate the signal coming from the ECU so that the cluster would understand it. So we retained the stock 180sx cluster and worked the dash around it

If you want to do the cluster swap you'll need an oscilloscope that can log data and a probe and basically probe the ECU as you drive and get a reading of signals, then probe an S15 ECU working with an S15 Cluster and then modify one wave to match the other. Once you make the circuit that does that then just plug in the S13 ECU into the S15 Cluster. (now you see why we gave up? )

I guess you could swap an S15 ECU into the S13 but that might create problems with your sensors and stuff.

Either way, S15 clusters only read in km/h from memory (since you guys didn't get S15's over there) so you'll have to make sure you're not goin slower than eveyone else because you're readign your speed in km/h

Comment

Working...
        X